I think my ex wants me back. Does he?

He found a new girl within 2 weeks, looks like me opposite personality. However, he has shown many signs of still loving me. (dramatic late night phone call of him crying - he claims he can't remember this uh huh)

Basically, it's only been ten days of no contact and I'm feeling good about that. My gut tells me he won't call. (he has a new girl after all) but at 22:10, my mobile rings, I glance at it and its him. My heart jumps, haha.

I answer it after a few rings. I surprised myself at how upbeat and happy I sounded. He asked me how I was and this was immediately followed by, "Do you have a boyfriend?"

I tell him no, but I do like somebody and he's very good looking. To which he responds, "Good looking? Very very good looking?"

I told him I have no hard feelings and I'm happy for him. At this for some STRANGE reason, he decides to tell me how great Rosie is. How he looks forward to the actual conversation and we couldn't have fun without sex. He also said he isn't sexually satisfied by her and she's not attractive.

I told him not to be ridiculous and I asked why he felt the need to say this? I told him times when we had lots of fun. Grumpily, he agreed.

He then joked he'd been looking at photos of me and trying to find naked ones (we messed around but deleted all of them) and said he was going to keep looking and try and restore them.

I told him to stop lying to himself because I know he loved me a lot. He did not respond. I tols him he's lying to him being with this girl. He did not respond.

Then he quickly snapped, "well, I've started again with someone new and I AM happy."

I said good for you, take care and hung up.

What do you make of this?

(I was just proud I didn't lose it haha)

61

Most Helpful Girl

• Men and their egos are complicated things. Maybe he does want you back, or maybe he's just competing. Because you're broken up and he wants to make sure he comes off better than you do. Though the fact that he mentioned his sex life as being the unsatisfied part suggests maybe he wants a little on-the-side fun. Could be anything really... but the best way to make yourself happy, make sure you come off better than him, and probably coax him to be honest if he really does want you back, is to focus on making yourself happy! If you want to get back with him, I guess that's a separate story, but if you don't, then see what happens with this new guy. Go into it because you're interested in him, not because you want to make your ex jealous, and see where it goes.

Beware though - as I said, men and their egos are complicated things. He may well ask for you back just because the idea of you being happy with someone new hurts his pride... then you may go back to him and as soon as he's had his fun, he's gone again. Be careful of that one!

• Thank you. The part where he asked if I had a boyfriend completely confused me. I mean, so what if I do right!? Why would he care? He has a new girl, why would he call? However, I'm aware he loved me deeply and that's still buried within him like unfortunately, it is me.

What Guys Said 1

• Some guys are all about the BBD. The "bigger, better deal". These guys will never settle down until they think the woman they're with has EVERYTHING they want. These guys will almost always cheat, and you will always be left to wonder where their eyes are wandering.

My advice: leave him alone. If he's talking with you while he's with her, how many times was he talking with her while he was with you? Doesn't it sound strange that he had a new girl so fast? He already had her on the back burner, just in case. Now he's seeing that if he can somehow hook you into thinking you still have a chance with him, he can string you along so he'll have the conversation with her and sex with you. At least for a while. Ultimately, he'll be forced to pick one, but there's no guarantee it'll be either of you. By then, he may have his eye on a third girl (or fourth).

Steer clear. Keep looking. You deserve better. Repeat that to yourself. You deserve better.

What Girls Said 5

• He still has feelings for you and the new girl is most likely a rebound... but he clearly sounds confused about what he wants. Give him time to figure it out and continue no contact.

• I don't know, but if he has a new girlfriend, it is time to move on. Who needs all that triangle drama, find a new man.

• It sounds like he wants you back, but even if he does, do you really want to jump back in a relationship with a guy who found a new girl after two weeks? Probably not. I would leave him alone for awhile, if I were you.

• It sounds like he's trying to convince himself that he's better without you, and he isn't doing a very good job. He might want you back but it seems like he want's you to bring it up, I would let him get his thoughts straight first, you don't want him in the state that he is right now.

And thumbs up for keeping your cool:)!

• Thank you very much :D

Yes, I thought he was looking corns reaction, for me to say I loved him etc?

I had a feeling he was trying to convince himself. I never mentioned his relationship once and yet he brought it up? It definitely made me curious. X

• Thank you very much :D

Yes, I thought he was looking for a reaction, for me to say I loved him etc?

• he still have feelings for you it seems you guys haven't been broken up very long..and the reason why he brings up his new girl friend...because he misses you and realize she isn't you.. you should work it out with him if he is willing to..however it also depends on the reason why you guys broken up...cause sometimes a relationship cannot be fixed