Does this actually work?

My mum told me that the best way to get over someone is to just go out and "to get over someone, you need to get under someone else." After my initial horror that my own mother suggested this to me, I realised I'd heard it before..

Is it actually that easy?
Just a quick point, my mum did give other advice too, like it's been a while since we broke up but I still miss him as a companion, not so much as himself anymore, hence why she said this. In the initial stage she was very supportive towards me and moving on and further developing me. I was just wondering more if it works to get over a specific person rather than the relationship...

19

Most Helpful Guy

• No, It feels like an intense need for someone‚Äôs approval to feel good about yourself, otherwise, you're not okay or enough. love who you are inside and out, and keep pushing forward.
    sorry, your mum is wrong about what she said (No offense).

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone has their own way of getting over somebody. Do what you think feels right, and don't feel pressured into using sex as breakup therapy.