Are men usually the “bad guy” when it comes to break ups?

Based on your experiences what do you think, are men usually the guilty ones?

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I believe both parties usually share some blame unless the person just flat out cheated than yeah he’s too blame. But not al relationship failings are all the guys fault.

0|0
    0|0
  • No , women re just more likely to discuss their experiences than men are, so you get skewed anecdotal evidence.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No, not at all. Women are responsible for just as many breakups. They are no less capable of being shitty human beings.

0|1
    0|0
  • Even if so, there is almost always at least SOME blame on both sides, as usually, BOTH people agreed to a relationship in the first place and whether somebody truly got to know somebody else first is factored into the blame.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Everyone in a breakup is made out to be the bad guy to either partner's friend group.

0|1
    0|0
  • In my past experience of having 2 LTRs, first one was mutual and the second was the man.
    But I don't think it's about the gender its the person.

0|0
    0|1
  • Women and men are equally likely to initiate breakups.

0|0
    0|1
  • No but both parties practice of provoking each other to ruin each other after breakups can make so.

0|0
    0|0
  • No my ex girlfriend cause me to break up with her insecurities and constant cheating accusations.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • From my experience, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah depends on the person

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope but normally yes

0|0
    0|0
  • No at all. If it doesn't work just break it up

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It depends on the situation , I dont think it's usually the guys fault.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• Yes, almost always. The woman can cheat multiple times but the break-up will inevitably be the guys fault. I have lived through it myself and seen it happen to others. Divorce laws 95% of the time always protect and support the women.

0|1
    0|0
  • No it's whoever broke up as the other person is hurt more and becomes more emotional.

But yeah if a guy breaks up, the girl will usually get pissed off and accuse him of using her for sex or just wanting to be a player etc (which by the way is totally fine, that's his right to want that). Girls are used to needy and desperate guys so don't handle rejection well as it rarely happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I think the woman gets more flack. But the girls thrive off of their friends pretending to openly endorse and support them regardless of whether or not it is genuine. So the woman suffers in the long run in regards to the 'bad guy' label cause their friends might have two faces about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say men are worse than women, probably. The patterns of behaviour may differ, but I doubt you can just say that men are the "bad" guys and women are blameless.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could seem like that's the way it is.. That men are the bad ones.. And it probably is more leanin toward that.. But I'm sure women are blamed a fair amount too..

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of girls like to play the victim. So if you hear about a girl who seems to have a long list of abusive exes you might want to consider the fact she could be the crazy one

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. Women are just MUCH more likely to take things public, whine, bitch, cry, complain, and spread whatever lies they need to hurt the man.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all, it all depends on the situation.
    So gender doesn't have anything to do with it, because women can be just as bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • For the stories I've heard most of the time the men are responsible but not always

0|0
    0|0
  • No anyone can be responsible for breakup sometimes both

0|1
    0|0
  • No men and women have reached equality on this issue

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not a gender thing

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Stupid question. Depends on the sit.

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s how women make it seem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes