I dated a military man for 5 months. I felt like we were getting closer emotionally. He later received orders for a deployment and I was the first to?

Kno. His family, a week later. I had met his family who told me I was his first relationship. About a month after deployment orders he had taken leave from base and we saw eachother on what days we could all seemed normal, fine. A week after he Returned back to work I could feel him getting distant. He finally broke up with me, told me he needed to focus on deployment and his Men had a fear of losing those men. He also said he didn’t want to hold me up in my life while he was deployed and could feel himself changing. i contacted him a week after split to express my feelings and ask what he wanted. He wanted me to have the option to move on if another man came along while he was gone he didn’t wanna be the reason I may miss out on my true happiness but wanted to talk if I was single when I returned. He wishes he could explain his feelings and give a better reason behind why he was doing what he was doing. He didn’t want to drag me through the mudd and things end bad with us. I told him his family invited me up all the time and I wasn’t comf. Going around if we weren’t together. And he told me no no, they loved me to go around if I wntd to that it wouldn’t bother him any at all but that we needed to hold back on seeing ea other as much to make things easier. His sister n law also contacted me to tell me he had told them he had planned on getting back with me when he got back if I had not moved on. I later found him on POF dating site. I got a snap from him last week after a month no talking. I replied to him and he never replied back. I am so confused. Is this stress from deployment? Or is he trying to blow me off? I told him I hoped he would keep in contact some so I would know he’s alright over seas and he replied with I’m not gonna stop talking to you goof he just wanted to slow down. I have yet to hear from him. It’s been a month. He doesn’t deploy for another three months. I’m left hanging & dk what to do. I need a man to explain what he is feeling. R we done?
1
0