Would you go out with someone you don't see yourself with five/ten years down the road?

would you go out with someone you don't see yourself with five/ten years down the road with?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• no

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, because I once came across a woman I couldn't picture myself being with and yet the more we talked the more I liked her and eventually I asked her out. Unfortunately, she said no.

• for me, I'm right in the middle of the 18-24 range, so yes. unless you really want to settle down quick, I don't see an issue with going out with someone because he's the best you have right now. most people under 24 are more or less pretty realistic about relationships and not quite old enough to look for marriage. unless the guy seems incredibly committed when you are starting out with him, I wouldn't hesitate to give it a try.

What Girls Said 2

• personally, I think trying to picture yourself with someone five/ten years into the future when youve just started dating isn't a good idea. you don't know the person that well yet and if you let your fantasy get away with you, you may build up an idea of them that is completely wrong and then youve set yourself up for disappointment.

• yes. but it's all about compromise in relationshps. and who knows, maybe I'll grow to love him somewhere down the line