Boyfriend said “I need to talk to you “ I guess it’s over :(?

We’ve been dating 5 months and everything has been going well.

Today he sent a message to me which states “I need to talk to you” . My anxiety is killing me. I didn’t do anything wrong and he didn’t do anything wrong to me.

I asked him if it was something bad and he responded with “ I prefer we talk on Tuesday if that’s okay with you”
He’s a great guy and this is killing me inside.

I’m afraid that he is going to break up with me. 😖
I didn’t realize how much I sucked at being a girlfriend.

We are both 27 by the way.

28

Most Helpful Guy

• It's never a good feeling when your partner doesn't specify what the discussion will be about. It's serious no doubt but it doesn't necessarily mean it's a break-up coming. He's probably looking for an opportunity to have plenty of quality time to talk with you about what he has in mind when neither of you are busy. Just let him know in the future that you would prefer to talk about the issue as soon as possible so it doesn't emotionally torture you inside as it does now. If you believe you did nothing wrong, then this is something that has to do with him. I hope this discussion goes well for the both of you and its nothing too serious!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you so much. I appreciate it. My anxiety is so bad I hardly eat.

• You'r very welcome. I'm sorry you're not feeling well from the anxiety :( I used to have this problem before but since my girlfriend and I decided to have serious talks right away instead of later, things got better! Hope you feel better soon!

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he really just wants to talk. Couples can work things out without breaking up, you don't suck as a girlfriend probably. A shitty girlfriend wouldn't be so concerned about her relationship. Why don't you call him and ask if he's ending things with you?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • He’s busy today and I work tomorrow, he works Monday. We work 24 your shifts.

• 24 hour shifts?
      Thats literally impossible. And yes, people have work... You also get off work, why not call him when you're both off work?

• We won’t both be off until Tuesday. We are paramedics