Was I too honest when I told him the reason for breaking up with him?

When my now ex and I broke up he asked me why I was breaking up with him I told him honestly. I was getting back with my ex. Then when I said that he started yelling at me and calling my whore and slut. He started saying how when we were on a break he slept with another girl. Was I too honest with him about getting back with my ex?

i feel bad cause I acctually really liked him but I LOVE my ex
i fount out that he only slept with another girl cause when we were on a break I slept with another guy. I wanted to know if I really did love him or not and apparently I did I was just too drunk and the guy toook a little to much advantage of me

33

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing wrong with being honest with yourself and others.

He's in the wrong for calling you those names.

What Guys Said 3

• i think you did the right thing.

• you did the right thing if he yells at you like that then well there you go he dosnt deserve u

• you did the right thing. He is hurt and lashing out but he will get over it a lot quicker than if you told him one thing and he found out the real reason later on. My ex lied to me about the real reason she wanted to split up and it hurt me a lot more when I found out the truth. Now she's split with the guy she left me for and wants to get back together with me but it will never happen as she has lost all my trust.

• even if you had wanted her to be your wife and had asked her in the past and you had made a plan. Even if you had already planed a life together, like the house. the kids. the wedding, and you had broked up many times in the past and gotten back together. you still wouldn't get back with her? can we chat privatly my situation is sililar and it would really help if I had your openion

• Well I guess you can never say never but she would have to work very hard to earn back my trust and even then their would always be doubts. But sure if you need to talk, I'm here to offer what advice I can give

• Don't know, I think once the trust has gone it's pretty hard to get back. Sure if you wanna chat I'm here to give what advice I can!

What Girls Said 2

• It was right to be honest with him, he was only yelling because he was hurt. My ex dumped me for someone else and lied about, in the end the lying just made it so much worse because not only did he dumped me, but ho thought I was so stupid I wouldn't see through his lies.

• you did the right thing. like he cheated on you or didn't because you were on a break either way plus he called you names I would of told him you were going back to your ex because he didn't give you what you needed