Did you ever reunite with an ex? If so, how did it work out for you?

In 1979, I dated Pat. She was my first love. She was a cute girl but she was extremely unstable. I didn't care because she said she loved me. . . and she was cute. I ignored the fact that she was very insincere and very financially dependent on men. She broke up with me to go back to her ex-husband. In 2003, I reunited with her. We married in 2005. Late in 2006, she had an affair with another female. Early in 2007, we were divorced. FML!

In 1980, I dated Evelyn. I thought I loved her but I think I just loved having sex with her. . . and she was even prettier than Pat. She was a user of men and I was one of her victims. She went back to one of her exes and I moved 4 hours away from her. Later, I tried to reunite and establish a LDR but all I got out of my efforts was a little bit more sex.

After Pat and I divorced, I dated Oksana. She is a Ukrainian cutie and a sincerely very nice woman. We dated for about 6 months, but she got laid off from her job and then went to live with her adult daughter about 4 hours away. In 2015, I visited her for Valentine’s Day. We decided that the distance was too much of a barrier. In 2017, I saw her again. She has devoted her life to taking care of her granddaughters and I would never be her highest priority. Who wants to be number two?

Now, my standard advice is to not try to reunite with an ex. The problems that you initially encountered with probably resurface and even quicker the second time around. Of course, under some circumstances, it is POSSIBLE to reunite with an ex and make it work, but the odds of that happening are rather low.

Have you ever broken up with a significant other and then reunited, or tried to reunite? What were your expectations? Did it work? After reuniting, did it again fail for the same reason? A different reason? What is your advice about reuniting with an ex?
I have never dated
I'm still dating my first real significant other
I've never broken up with anyone with whom I wanted to reunite
Vote C
I have gone through a break up and then tried to reunite, but my ex wasn't interested in trying it again
Vote D
I have gone through a break up and then reunited. It was great and we are still together
Vote E
I have gone through a break up and then reunited. We eventually broke up for the same reason that we broke up initially.
Vote F
I have gone through a break up and then reunited. We eventually broke up for a different reason than what broke us up initially.
Vote G
GirlGuy
10
10