boyfriend wants to break up due to a lie, could anyone please give me advice how to handle the misunderstanding?

My boyfriends dad found out we were lying about something last week and since then he doesn’t seem to like me. I tried talking to him this past weekend and he said we will see in time actions not words. His mom on the other hand said that they are not perfect no one is and that she just wants me to be myself. That same night, when I came home something happened between a family member I which I have kept hidden for months now. I started bleeding from my lip and first instinct was to call my boyfriend. I panicked bc I didn’t want to rat out my family member and instead tried coming up with a fake story to explain my bleeding lip. When I lie I get nervous and add too many details, I said the cops were with me and that they were going to take my car away. My boyfriend panicked and had his dad drive him to see me. They were no cops at any station so he came to see me. The following day he was distant and asked for space, then he said you’ve lied to my dad, you lied to me, maybe in your next relationship you won’t lie, but I’m done. Unless you come clean to me about what happened bc your story doesn’t add up, Or else I’m done. IF you come clean we will be ok.

Given an ultimatum I didn’t want to lose him I broke down at home and told him everything. How my family member is abusive and that’s why I have bruises sometimes and that I didn’t tell the truth bc I didn’t want them to get in trouble. I thought since I told the truth he would stick to what he said and try to work through it and instead after he checked up on me said I’m done. Give me space I will go talk to you in person. I texted him at 1 am explaining that i was sorry and the conflict and he never responded. I figured now I will give him space instead of make it worse. I really need advice bc I love him and we’ve overcome very difficult things together and want to know how I can resolve this instead of losing him.
1
0