Stages of a Break-up, can they be skipped?

Is it possible for a person to just skip the stages of a break-up? My ex says he is perfectly fine. Says he misses me, but is happy to be out of the relationship because there are no more fights. Then again, we have not stopped talking for too many days at a time.

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Well if you just started seeing each other, then you should be able to move on rather quickly... but if you were emotionally invested in the relationship and had been together for a while you need to go through those stages before you move on. There are things you can do to speed it up like cutting off contact and focusing on yourself and things you want to do for you but it still takes time. As for the guy, he most likely feels the same way you do but doesn't want to show it.

• we were together for two and a half years, and lived together. I am wondering if the fact that we still kept talking helped him move on a little faster, as he didn't have a chance to miss me. I have however, initiated no contact.

• of course. it depends on the relationship, the people involved

• we were together for two and a half years, and lived together. I am wondering if the fact that we still kept talking helped him move on a little faster, as he didn't have a chance to miss me. I have however, initiated no contact. I was wondering more for him though, because he says he is so happy, and was wondering if maybe he was lying about this, as to me it seems really quick.