Is “I’m too busy for you” just a cop out?

So there was a girl I was kinda “dating” nothing was official but we had been going out and seeing each other for almost 3 months. We had even made plans for things months in advance. Then one week she started complaining of getting sick and it eventually led to cancelling plans the following weekend. After that weekend she started becoming more distant so I backed off a little and the following week she told me between work and family stuff she was getting overwhelmed and needed a couple weeks to figure stuff out. I was going on vacation so it worked out well. After a couple weeks when I returned I hadn’t heard from her so I got in contact but I could tell that it wasn’t the same and that, that spark wasn’t there anymore. I asked her to get together so we could talk about things and she dropped the “you’re a great guy but I don’t have the time to give you that you deserve and that I’ve got too much going on in all parts of my life” excuse. I have no idea how we went from what felt like dating to nothing with the only explanation being “too busy”. I know the right response is probably just igonore it and let her go, but I also don’t think that’s a completely truthful answer. Is there a good way to respond to that/should I at all or just give up and move on?
Is “I’m too busy for you” just a cop out?
Add Opinion