What are the reasons why some people don't want to be with someone who they love/like?

My ex says he still likes me a lot. He keeps contact with me. Although I say I don't want to be friends with him because I am still not over him. He seems angry when I said I can't be friends.

I have no idea what are the reasons he doesn't want to be with me. As he said we may try when we get closer again. It was a long distance relationship.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Distance is probably the most likely reason. For many guys, especially if they are still young, it doesn't make sense to be in a relationship with someone when they are not likely going to be in the same city in the near future. May be you can try seeing what's out there and may be return to him if you're ever in the same place. Good luck.

• He is 36 years old. I don't know if we would ever be in the same place since we are from the different countries.

What Guys Said 2

• That makes now sense to me. You like him, yet you don't want to be friends with him? Nothing will ever work out at that rate.

• I think your right by cutting contact. Their is no point in remaining friends if you don't genuinely see a future. Sure you don't have to act like he doesn't exist but I would say the less contact the better. The longer you remain friends the greater the chance he'll lose interest in intimacy. A clean break sounds for the best unfortunately.

What Girls Said 3

• If you really want to be with him, then you would go for the friendship right now. That way he remains a part of your life, the ultimatum is going to work against you

• I want to be with him but having him around like this is so hard. It has been 4 months after we broke up. There is not a day I don't think about him. We have talked about it but he said he can't give what I want now (Getting back together) He said he is still sticking the plan (I think our plan we have planned before we broke up) But I don't know why he is doing this.

Is that because he doesn't want to be with me bad enough?

• Not sure what the plan was, but probably he wants to stay friends so your still an option in case things don't pan out. You just have to ask yourself is he worth having? In other words are you willing to wait for him and take the chance that he doesn't want to be more then friends and are you willing to be his fallback plan. If you really want him then be friends and take the chance but understand you could get hurt more then you are now, and don't wait for him start moving on too

• He didn't tell me exactly what it is.. After lots of things I have gone through I am not sure anymore if he is worth having. I always believe that if someone truly loves me, he would want to be with me no matter what. Cutting all contacts with him is the best way for me I guess. I don't want to get hurt anymore.

Thanks so much Tealgirl :)

• I know from experience I make a bad girlfriend. That's more than enough reason for me.

• Oohh boy, I am in the exact situation & at a loss for an explaination just as you are! I don't have much to say right now to help, but I'm just as interested to see others responses. You're not alone!