I want to get back together with him, but I'm not sure he feels the same way?

My boyfriend of 7 months broke up with me back in September. We ended up going to different colleges but we talked daily and saw each other often. One day he told me it wasn't working out and that he didn't think he loved me anymore, and I was crushed. We didn't talk for a few weeks after the break-up but all of a sudden, we started talking again. He even came back home for my birthday in October. Flash forward to now, we talk everyday and we see each other a lot. When we are together, it almost feels like we are dating again, we kiss, hold hands, and do everything couples do. He even invited me to spend Christmas Eve with him and his family. I want to be back together with him more then anything but I'm not sure he feels the same way. He sends me mixed signals, sometimes indicating that he misses me and other times I feel like he doesn't, so it's very hard to read him. The topic of us getting back together has never really come up and I'm scared that if I bring it up and he doesn't feel the same way I do about it, it will make things awkward and I'll lose what we have now because I feel like what we have now is better then nothing at all but I hate being in this weird "dating/not dating" phase. What can I say that will make him sort of express how he feels about me and how can I express my feelings towards him without making it awkward? And is it even worth it to try?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Girl...you need to find out either way where you stand with this guy. To be acting like if you guys are going out but not KNOW what the deal is is the WORST. You deserve to know what the deal is, bottom line.

Talk to him. Make sure you approach him calmly and laid back and just be straight up with him...say "Hey...can I ask you a question? I just want to be on the same page...are we back together or just friends?" Because it's one way or another - you can't be friends and be played mind games with you know? But girl, prepare yourself for either answer. He might not be ready to put a label on it...and that's okay...but YOU need to be brutally honest with YOURSELF on what you can take or not.