Girl went from talking excitedly about marriage... to breaking up with me and moving away 2 weeks later. (I'm 28, she's 24)?

My now recent exgf of 2 years broke up with me out of the blue 2 weeks ago, after talking about marriage and looking at rings a month and a half ago. We even lived together for half of our time together.

I was recently let go from my job a few months ago, and have been looking for work. I never missed a single bill or anything, we were financially ok. But, she stresses easily and I think she was upset about it. I told her I didn't really want to talk about it because I was depressed and embarrassed - I didn't want to look like a failure or a loser in my partners eyes. She wanted me to get out and clear my head, but I was depressed.

We just signed a new 18 month lease together, but had plans to move to another state to be closer to her family, we even started a shared savings account.

Last month my dad was diagnosed with a terminal illness, she said she'd be by my side and we'd get through it together, and we could stay as long as necessary and put off our plans to move away, closer to her family in diff state.

I also had been asking for reassurance lately, because of unemployment, and weve argued about her sexual history before.

She went home to visit her family for a long weekend, we hooked-up before she left, and she was texting me she loved and missed me the whole trip.

She then said over the phone "I'm having a hard time leaving my family, I miss them so much, I feel like I'm alone on an island back home. With everything with your dad, and then needing to be there for your mom, we won't be able to move for a few years."

I joined a gym and started going to clear my head like she asked, and had lined up interviews.

She came home and ended it. She gave me a chance for a day, I did everything, then she ended it again the next day. She has moved out of our apt. and is moving to her home state later this week.

What happened? I know its over, but will she regret this decision? It seems so rash/immature to me.
1 y
Update: She also unblocked an ex that wouldn't leave her alone 3 days after the break-up who's from her home state, archived our pics from IG, and unfollowed me, as did I to her.

What is going on through her mind?
1 y
Anyone else have anything they think?
2
1