I've cheated on him! I feel so guilty :(

okay, I've been with my boyfriend for seven months now, but I'm away at University. Recently, I've not seen him for 3 weeks because of some heavy snow and trains have been canceled. During that time I got close to my friend; we got drunk one night, and we slept together. But my boyfriend never really showed me any affection: We never held hands in public, and he practically hates my friends ...but I feel so guilty! My nan died recently and all I got was a perfunctory hug. Nevertheless, my boyfriend did travel 4 hours on the train to see me every weekend, and has bought me an expensive Xmas present. I don't know what to do!

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Justifying it with reason is the typical way to deal with this. The fact is: you cheated. If he wasn't doing something, then you could've easily have talked to him about that. At the most, you could've broken up with him. But you didn't need to resort to cheating.

You should tell him because him finding out on his own is much worse. Be prepared for him to split with you. If you tell him, there may be a chance that he could forgive you. But again, be prepared for anything. If he was like this before you all got together, you knew how he acts. If you didn't like him seeming aloof, then that's something you should've considered.

Again, you are a cheater and what you did can't be explained away by justifying it.

What Guys Said 3

• You obviously don't want to be with him, else you wouldn't have cheated, so why are you playing with his feelings?

• Tell him and hope you don't get dumped.

• this proves how disrespectful some girls are

im sure that guy who F ed you would travel on the train to see you

or buy you a nice Xmas gift

why don't you give your boyfriend a goof Xmas gift and tell him you f ucked your friend

What Girls Said 2

• Follow your heart!. Don't let people put you down or think about what there gonna say! just follow your heart that way you will nevr have regrets!

• I don't think you want to be with him really. You wouldn't have cheated otherwise. He clearly isn't taking care of all your needs. You need to tell him.