Is it okay for me to get rid of my ex's stuff, if he has not come back after 6 months?

We were engaged, and living together. I Found out I did not love him in the way I wanted to love my husband( So I called off the engagement) Well He took that as Get out of my house and left.

then he dumped me. but told me he would come back for the stuff he left ( I thought he was coming back so I told him he could leave some of his stuff here at my house)

So Its been 6 months, we stopped talking about 3 months ago, He has a Stagg Guitar with some bands names on it from a concert he went to, and I want to sell it so I can buy Christmas gifts and a few others things that might get at least 30 dollars.

I have gotten rid of most his clothes he left and that kinda of stuff just been holding on to the things I knew he would want back, if he did come back.

My dad said he left it here so it is ine to do with what I want

and my mom thinks I should wait for him to come back down here

My boyfriend ( The guy who I am madly in love with) Thinks its unhealthy for me to keep the things ( seeing my Ex was controlling and would only pay attention to me if we were having sex)

and my friends think one it would help me close the chapter in my life and look forward to the new life me and my boyfriend are making now.

Me and him are planning on moving in together soon and I do not think its right to bring my ex boyfriend stuff with me, and I am not shipping it him.
3
1