Not attracted to my boyfriend...

We're both 18, been going out for nearly 2 years. When we got together we both hadn't been out with anyone else before. After about a year I started getting distant because I didn't find him attractive anymore, eventually we broke up a few months later, but got back together after another few months. I've been trying really hard this time to make an effort and he's been the perfect boyfriend, my best friend. The only thing is these thoughts are coming back and I don't know how to find that spark again, I find having sex with him a chore most of the time and mostly do it to make him happy. Every other part of our relationship is amazing, just kissing and anything intimate I don't want to do anymore. I've had thoughts of cheating before and I hate myself for it. I'm also scared of him being "the one" for me, and I don't get to experience being with anyone else. I don't know what to do, can I get the spark back?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Hey don't beat yourself up over this. If you are not attracted to him like that then that's just the way it is, don't feel bad. He sounds like a great guy and I'm sure he is. Have you tried to just be his friend? See how he reacts to that. You may break his heart but people need a few heartbreaks to understand what real love is.

What Girls Said 1

• I think its because you never experienced another guy...I mean its pretty hard especially at this certain age.. cz at this age people are supposed to experience and have fun ( you know what am tryin say) I personally think you guys should give each other space and have fun for a while and see how it feels and same for him cz you never know maybe later on while you go out there and start dating other guys, you might find that what you had with your current boyfriend wasn't love at all... and same goes for him. So I think you guys have to have some time apart and date other people and then you can judge. Maybe you might find yourself being good friends with him rather than dating him. Its normal... :)