Can you overcome insecurity/jealousy once it is created in a relationship?

I was not insecure or the jealous type but one day my boyfriend best friend used me to solve her issues and my boyfriend turned his back on me.. he did not want to talk to me and this girl sent a screenshot of the conversation she was having with him.. i was broken.. he appeared to be so calm.. she started saying stuff like don't worry if you don't get back together I will be there for you.. I asked her if there was a chance for us to be together again and she was like.. maybe yes/ maybe no
since then I started feeling jealous and insecure.. now everytime I talk to her i can't help it.. the other day she told me to tell her any issue that crops up between my boyfriend n me, because my boyfriend listens to her.. most of the times I need to go through her to know about my boyfriend (she knows his friends more than me). Last she copies me.. told her I want to buy gifts for my bf's family she will buy too... paid my bf's taxi.. she told me she will give me half of the sum. Told her I have strong characters.. she has them too. I don't know.. what do I do? I told my boyfriend I am cutting him out because obviously he thinks of me as a jealous person now

915

Most Helpful Guys

• Whoever this girl (your friend is) she has no respect for the relationship you and your boyfriend has. She is ruining your relationship and you need to talk to buoyed boyfriend about that. Have a discussion with him and be honest. It's OK to end the relationship if no mutual compromise is found.
    It is absolutely OK for someone to value their best friend over their lover. You simply cannot tell someone else how to live their life and what bonnier important to them. If you don't like your boyfriend who values his best friend over you as a lover, then you guys are mismatched and then relationship won't work.
    Personally it's I think there's a strong chance that girl wanted to be with your boyfriend and she is actually quite selfish about it. A poor excuse to pretend to be nice and helpful.
    Whether you want to move on or you want to stay and try again it's entirely up to you. But having doubts and being insecure in this kind of situation is extremely normal for 90% of the people. So nothing you need to worry about about yourself.

• What is amazing is what you'll put up with for this guy. It's not about your jealousy, you simply chose wrong, time to NEXT him and find someone more suitable for you. That he already has a 'girlfriend' is a huge red flag - one or both of you is the backup plan. What's YOURS?

• No back up plan... sadly I chose to walk away

• Good for you. Find a new guy, chose better.

Choose wisely, treat kindly. __Dr. Laura

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't say this is a security or jealousy issue, this is a clear issue with communication on his end. It's not okay that he won't talk to you directly about the issues at hand, and it's a sign of immaturity on his part. Confronting both of them, at least him, is vital in this situation. If he can't be an adult about being with you, then it might be best to reconsider things anyway. Your friend is only encouraging his behavior to continue, which isn't okay. If I were her I would have told him to talk to you ages ago. One should wonder why she is okay being the middle man, and almost seems to welcome it. I can't help but think that she enjoys it on some level. All in all, talk to him about it... talk to her if you feel its necessary. If he won't hear you out and see how it's a problem, then I would cut my losses.

• Great analysis.. i did not think about some of things you mentioned. Left him... Thanks 🙂