How can you love someone and not want to be with them even though the other person loved you dearly?

711

Most Helpful Guys

• If you either don't think you're good enough or feel you won't be able to satisfy all their needs

• What if they cheated or is now dating there ex and the person that loved them dearly is notw hurts

• Maybe they feel they can't return your affection

• Well, I once fell in love with a girl from my school, and she also fell in love with me, but I didn't want to have a relationship with her even though i felt happy around her and often thought of her. The reason (s) i didn't want a relationship with her despite mutual feelings was because I knew she didn't fit well to me, I didn't like some of her characteristics and personality traits/attributes, so I focused on what my mind told me while ignoring what my heart told me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Realistically, sometimes love isn't enough to make a relationship work. Someone may love their partner but if they don't have very much in common or if they want different things out of life, then it doesn't make sense to stay in a relationship with them.

I loved my most recent ex a lot but ultimately, we just weren't right for each other. I wanted to live in a rural area, he likes the city. I valued being close to my family and he didn't care as much about that. I want kids someday and he does not. Even though I loved him, staying together would have been a mistake because one of us would have always been unhappy. It sucks but that's life.

• I agree. It's sad but true.
      I left my boyfriend, so now ex, even though I still love him.
      We couldn't give each other what we want and/or need. I want to believe that we deserve a chance to find everything we want and need (without getting in the way of each other).

• @Yasmine007 Exactly. And there are plenty of other people in the world you can fall in love with and who will also share your wants and needs in life. Both partners deserve that.