How can you love someone and not want to be with them even though the other person loved you dearly?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If you either don't think you're good enough or feel you won't be able to satisfy all their needs

1|0
    0|0
    • What if they cheated or is now dating there ex and the person that loved them dearly is notw hurts

• Maybe they feel they can't return your affection

• Well, I once fell in love with a girl from my school, and she also fell in love with me, but I didn't want to have a relationship with her even though i felt happy around her and often thought of her. The reason (s) i didn't want a relationship with her despite mutual feelings was because I knew she didn't fit well to me, I didn't like some of her characteristics and personality traits/attributes, so I focused on what my mind told me while ignoring what my heart told me.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Realistically, sometimes love isn't enough to make a relationship work. Someone may love their partner but if they don't have very much in common or if they want different things out of life, then it doesn't make sense to stay in a relationship with them.

I loved my most recent ex a lot but ultimately, we just weren't right for each other. I wanted to live in a rural area, he likes the city. I valued being close to my family and he didn't care as much about that. I want kids someday and he does not. Even though I loved him, staying together would have been a mistake because one of us would have always been unhappy. It sucks but that's life.

1|1
    0|0
    • I agree. It's sad but true.
      I left my boyfriend, so now ex, even though I still love him.
      We couldn't give each other what we want and/or need. I want to believe that we deserve a chance to find everything we want and need (without getting in the way of each other).

• @Yasmine007 Exactly. And there are plenty of other people in the world you can fall in love with and who will also share your wants and needs in life. Both partners deserve that.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I can already think of one situation.
    If you have cancer, or an illness that will rob you of some of your function, or you're dying - you might not want to burden the other person with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally i believe love is a chemical reaction in humans that just makes them want to mate, simular to that of animals which find a good match make babies then fuck off.

Its a crappy way of looking at it but humans are animals and im pretty sure there arnt that many animals that mate for life bar penguins... we certainly didn't evole from penguins

0|0
    0|0
  • Clark loves Chloe. Chloe loves Clark dearly. Yet Clark doesn't choose to be with Chloe. Why?

Best answer: They're not that compatible. Chloe has some qualities that rub Clark the wrong way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. I know she loved me and I think she still does. She just decided to not want to see me or be with me anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. One of the hardest lesson in life you'll ever learn.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, it's like when you love someone sometimes you just gotta let them go

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like a contradiction.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wearing panties

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I’m still in love with my ex. He still loves me. We just happen to be different people who bonded through troubled times. He’s critical and I’m sensitive. So the words he says hurt me more than he can ever repair. Rather than to keep hurting me he chose to keep his distance.

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel your pain girl I was once there too. Just give up and move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause a they hurt you afraid they do it again or you hurt them and don’t want to cause them pain.

1|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes circumstances just make it so it can't work out
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • Tough situation

0|0
    0|0
  • My mum.

0|0