Why do some ex bf/gf's regret breaking up with their partners?

They fell out of love and broke up with you, so why would they regret that decision? I dont get it.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Cuz most people r selfish , and dont realize how good they had it when they were with their partner , when they break up it's mainly cuz selfishness kicks in thinking grass is greener on the other side , once they go to that other side they realize oh wait my ex wasn't bad after all I was just a selfish piece of shit and didn't realize it then so that's my thoughts , selfishness is the biggest relationship killer , people need to start realizing grass isn't greener on the other side unless you are being physically abused and treated like shit but if you're in a relationship with someone that treats you good and you get bored then you need to realize that is just a phase and your better off making your current relationship work

2|0
    0|1
  • Because regret is what happens when you made a decision you didn't want to make in the past. Most people don't make decision based on logic unfortunately. The very basis of regret.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My first love treated me like shit. He took me for granted bc he knew how much I loved him and how i forgave him for all the crap he put me through. One day I woke up and realized I couldn't take it anymore and when I moved on he realized he truly lost me and tried for months to get back w me. But nope too late. Now he is in a happt relationship. But most guys take the girl for granted.

1|0
    0|0
    • Im still waiting for the day when i wake up and realize i can't take it anymore. Hope it comes

• It will. I promise. Just take it day by day

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• Maybe they realized their ex treated them much better than anyone afterwards did, or they realized they still had feelings, there can be many reasons

2|0
    0|0
  • I regret breaking up with my ex because I wish i had the willpower to stick through the dark parts and salvage what we had. she was worth it, and im the biggest idiot for letting her go. then at the same time I remember how bad it got - not getting talked to for weeks sometimes by her and then a random call of "just checking in' that can be rough. I'll always love her but it's complicated ya'know

0|0
    0|0
  • Duno about girls but guys well thats cause they all of a sudden want someone to call theirs and they dont have that no more.

A saying i once heard was girls cry for a day after a break up but move on fast. Guys are happy for a day but regret it for longer

0|0
    0|0
  • Grass is always greener-until they get to the other side and realize the grass was sweeter on the first side. Whatever reason dont take them back

1|0
    0|0
  • This is funny to me its because the other made them feel great to the point they got cocky and when they are single they realize it was you who made them feel like that.. but its usually too late

3|0
    0|0
  • Guilt, loneliness, realized they could have ended it nicer, or realized they could have been better while in the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Maturity? Seeing what love is once their eyes are truly open. Or maybe they are nostalgic in a sense and it will never be the same as times before they want the past no matter what

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause u don't appreciate what u have until it's gone. That's why.

2|1
    0|0
  • "Dont it always seem to go that you dont know what youve got til its gone"?

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause you never know what you til it's gone and some people don't realize that til it's too late

2|0
    0|0
  • I suppose they want to have the sense of security that they used to have with their ex

1|0
    0|0
  • Until you try a new one you don't realize value of older one

1|0
    0|0
  • In my experience, it is because they didn't feel the relationship had run its course, and or they became attached to that other person and just have not moved on emotionally yet. Some guys rebound right away, in which case they were not that attracted to the previous person to begin with or they were not mature enough to realize what they had in front of them, either case is bad for men. When a man becomes committed to a relationship it is solid and the actions will reflect that commitment in some way, if it does not then they are not really truly committed or they are using the girl for selfish purposes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably they miss the attention or the feelings they had when they were around the other

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we miss playing hide the weiny and smelling farts while playing turtle

0|0
    0|0
  • When they find that the next is worse than the last

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause of the time they spent in that relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • Worthless

0|0
    0|0
  • Missing sex, feeling of loneliness,

0|0
    0|0
  • Being alone sux

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 15

• I started to regret it when I realized I had made a mistake. I had given up someone who not only made me happy, but helped me grow, mature, and become a better person. I had given up an amazing man and someone who truly cared about me and the person I realized I wanted to spend my life with. Thankfully we were able to get back together.

0|1
    0|0
    • What happened to make you realise you regretted leaving him? I need my ex to regret breaking up with me...

• You can't make them regret it. Nor should you try

• People start thinking about the good times they had with the person, they start concentrating on the positive. That makes them miss the person and the relationship. But obviously there’s a reason they broke up, they forget the negative and why they broke up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they felt differently afterwards. You never know what you have until it’s gone. Some people take their partners for granted and only realize it after their gone and regret it.

1|0
    0|0
  • They regret it when they end up with someone wmuch worse than you. They start to remember all the good memories they had with you and feel sad for wasting something like that.

2|1
    0|0
  • Its the stupid people that only have shallow feelings, saying 'i love you' a few weeks in, and break up everytime they argue. I personally wouldn't break up with someone unless the relationship was dead.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people are just that way, like me and my current man... he broke up with last September and we started dating again just over a month ago, after months of him attempting to contact me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause some people have their head too far up their own butt to realize that they were probably 50% of the reason the other person left. Most people can't admit that to themselves, they just get stuck in this pity and anger party and then somehow when they are less angry either they figure it out themselves with self reflection or a true friend tells them straight up. People always like to feel the victim if someone isn't "acting a certain way" but in reality, people often do tell people why they aren't happy but many people are too busy feeling sorry for themselves to listen. They get defensive over things easily fixed with a slight alteration in behavior.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe it took that “bump on the head” to realize the value of what they had before but had lost it and it maybe gone forever?

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm assuming because he / she realized how much u mean to that person and all the good times.. and wish he /she never did it..

0|0
    0|0
  • theyre probably hung up on all the good memories they had together, its dumb, but normal

0|0
    0|0
  • I never regret the decision for broke up but just regret why I should meet someone like him at the first place lol

0|0
    0|0
  • they dont regret breaking up. they just miss the good times.

0|0
    0|0
  • They realize the grass wasn’t greener.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did

0|0
    0|0
  • Either because the reasons were stupid or the sex was good

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes