How long did it take you to get over your Ex?

How long did you stop waiting for him/her to come around?
I've been dumped after a 2.5 year relationship and I have been having a hard time accepting it. Waiting for him to come back even though he was horrible for leaving me the way he did?

Do you ever stop waiting?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You are not alone. My ex dumped me four years ago (although I sorta wanted her to at the time) and I still think about her all the time. The last time I sent her a message was 1.5 years ago. I explained what I was upset about and how I only wanted closure on something she did. I also said I forgave her and made a vow never to contact her again. She never responded.

I had one other relationship with a beautiful young girl for 9 months. She was more of a fuck buddy than a girlfriend. She ghosted me but I was less upset about that then my last ex.

I secretly complained to a few people I trusted. They gave me support (including some tough love) which helped but never healed.

The best thing to do is to keep looking for someone high quality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never "gotten over" any relationship, so I'm probably not the best to advise you on recovery... As far as coping, tho; its like scar tissue. The more times you get ripped up inside, the less sensitive you become. The trick is to know how to turn the tears into holy water as a salve to soften the scar tissue so you can brace yourself for the next one with the sensitivity you think they deserve... (... and that one takes time & patience).
    It's one thing to shed your tears in private... ... its quite another to share it with the one you love. Its not about not placing the burden on them; its whether your tears can heal their scars and vice versa... ;)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• My first ex took me about 1.5 years to get over. My second took me about 6-7 months. I dated both for 1.5 years. However, my first boyfriend i was closer to. I lost both a best friend and a lover.

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 years already. Im moving forward but at the same time hoping he will come back. Girls can be quite complicated we all know right..

But you know, time heals every single thing. At one point, you might want him back but, you feel that the day has come for you to look forward and let him go.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Me and a girl broke up and I didn't get over it and we eventually got back together. And we eventually broke up again, but that time she told me truth that made me borderline hate her even though we are still friends

0|0
    0|0
  • I still feel for everyone iv ever dated... if i was single and they called me up I would definitely think about it but if I was with somebody already the answer is a straight and solid nope

0|0
    0|0
  • I got over my ex after one year and a half of deep meditation hahahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • How many happy relationships you know of where one person isn't interested in the other?

0|0
    0|0
  • Some a day. Others I'm still damaged from 6 years later. You must move on. Only love can heal you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Three months and I’m still not sure if I got over her

0|0
    0|0
  • Bruh fuck that I'd be petting that cat

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 days and she had a great ass and a tight vag.

0|0
    0|0
  • About a month.

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 years and ongoing

0|0
    0|0
  • It took me about 3 years, but the hate and bitterness is still strong after 6 years.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• You better stop. You need some self worth. Go to therapy they will convince you that he was no good for u

0|0
    0|0
    • It takes over a year to move on it's grieving and going through 5 stages but it depends on the person because some could move on faster.

If the person cannot move on after a year then they need therapy

• 9 years and part of me is still waiting. Hard to stop.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was simple since Im a "brain" person instead of a "heart" one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how long been together i was with my ex for 5 years. Til he cheated.

0|0
    0|0
  • 6 months. It was hell. It’s over now. Good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never will be

0|0
    0|0
  • Three minutes

0|0
    0|0
  • Really quick.

0|0
    0|0
  • My first love, one year. Time heals everything

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck these niggas

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • I don't understand this outrageous racist reply. THAT's what I don't understand. And I don't understand what this racist reply has to do with the original question. THAT's also what I don't understand. And I REALLY don't understand people who could write something like this, and not get banned from this forum.

• Man shutcho silly ass up

• It’s been one year and I still feel like shit like the day after we broke up. Plus I discovered he broke up because he had another and every time i see a picture of the two together it’s a knife in my stomah

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm still not over him, but moved on

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't torture yourself.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes