How long did it take you to get over your Ex?

How long did you stop waiting for him/her to come around?
I've been dumped after a 2.5 year relationship and I have been having a hard time accepting it. Waiting for him to come back even though he was horrible for leaving me the way he did?

Do you ever stop waiting?

1513

Most Helpful Guys

• You are not alone. My ex dumped me four years ago (although I sorta wanted her to at the time) and I still think about her all the time. The last time I sent her a message was 1.5 years ago. I explained what I was upset about and how I only wanted closure on something she did. I also said I forgave her and made a vow never to contact her again. She never responded.

I had one other relationship with a beautiful young girl for 9 months. She was more of a fuck buddy than a girlfriend. She ghosted me but I was less upset about that then my last ex.

I secretly complained to a few people I trusted. They gave me support (including some tough love) which helped but never healed.

The best thing to do is to keep looking for someone high quality.

• I've never "gotten over" any relationship, so I'm probably not the best to advise you on recovery... As far as coping, tho; its like scar tissue. The more times you get ripped up inside, the less sensitive you become. The trick is to know how to turn the tears into holy water as a salve to soften the scar tissue so you can brace yourself for the next one with the sensitivity you think they deserve... (... and that one takes time & patience).
    It's one thing to shed your tears in private... ... its quite another to share it with the one you love. Its not about not placing the burden on them; its whether your tears can heal their scars and vice versa... ;)

Most Helpful Girls

• My first ex took me about 1.5 years to get over. My second took me about 6-7 months. I dated both for 1.5 years. However, my first boyfriend i was closer to. I lost both a best friend and a lover.

• 5 years already. Im moving forward but at the same time hoping he will come back. Girls can be quite complicated we all know right..

But you know, time heals every single thing. At one point, you might want him back but, you feel that the day has come for you to look forward and let him go.