Is it normal to feel sad after you decide to break up?

Why do I feel very depressed even though I wanted to split?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I feel that way because it sucks hurting that person. It's for the best but it doesn't feel that way at the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its not. But it happens. It happens when you are still in love with the person but u have no choice buy to leave her for whatever reason.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• Because your're more than likely comfortable/familiar with that person and you dont want to hurt their feelings. It's very normal. It would be weird not too unless say their were cheating, then you really wouldn't give a rat's ass. Some relationships aren't meant for the long haul. Try not to get stuck on that feeling of being sad, your doing both of you a favor if you dont want to be with him/her anymore. Dont drag it out. And this too shall pass.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think a lot of the time it is breaking the "habit", you're used to having someone there, someone by your side, someone to talk to and do things with, all of sudden that constant partner is gone and thats where the depression is stemming from. I recommend more time with friends and doing what you enjoy...

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a life change. You may not miss the person as much as you miss the routine you had with that person.

0|0
    0|0
  • You might have been too long in the relationship and you have some sympathy because you have been use to her. So its normal

0|1
    0|0
  • Some people feel very sad after breaking up. But you have to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, it’s still sad

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|1
  • You’re 37...

You know it’s normal...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes... it’s a part of being human

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes extremely normal

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it is

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes
    But eventually you’ll get over it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is very normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • You spent a chunk of time with that person, opening up to them, then opening up to you. Its difficult to have those types of changes happen, where you no longer see them.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes it is Maybe you regret it

0|0
    0|0
  • For the most part yes, it’s normal I’d say...
    the person shared their life with you for a period in time... so it’s logical that upon finalizing a relationship you no longer will be with this person.. as humans we become used to hings,.. so there’s something to miss! Even if you decided you didn’t want it anymore. Until you become used to not seeing this person anymore... then it will pass..

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 25

• Most likely you're thinking of all the good times you guys had. You're forgetting the reason why you made that decision to split. Something had to have been piling up. Plus if you guys were together for awhile it would be strange not to have that person by your side anymore, even if they made you crazy.

1|1
    0|0
    • Wow, the first part is literally identical to what my best friend told me last week, we forget the reasons why we split and only retain the good moments. So true. Very wise.

• Yes it is. I recommend a drink of 10. I am drinking kicking up mud. 1 ounce blue flame moonshine, 1/2 ounch each ameretto, kaluah and irish cream and coffee milk. Build in a collins glass alcohol then top off with the coffee milk. Since coffee milk is rare outside of Rhode island you could do coffee with milk but that makes an atv rut or if you did hot chocolate that would be muddin mudder...

0|0
    0|0
  • ... you need to do some research on emotional intelligence mate.
    You have every reason to be depressed after a split, whether you initiated it or not. You could be disappointed, felt you back to being single and lonely again, it the split messed up your plan for the future, the wastage of your investment... all kinds.

0|1
    0|0
  • You feel depressed because you feel like something is missing. Human body is a master at adapting and hence, everything in your life becomes a routine to it. Even your relationship did. It just became the "normal" that your body was used to. And now that you're free and independent again, your body feels uncomfortable about it.

You don't know what to do with your newfound freedom and time. You should find some new hobbies, attend some classes and get out of your house.

It's not her that you're craving for, it's that comfortable routine that your body is craving. Make your body understand that you are comfortable with the uncomfortable. (That's what Marines do to condition their body, make themselves comfortable in the most uncomfortable situations.)

Good Luck.

0|2
    0|0
  • You feel sad because even though you are choosing to end the relationship, you have energy in invested in the dream of a future that included the other person. Now, your mind is going to have to adjust to the new reality that the future doesn't contain them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it’s normal, sometimes you don’t have romantic feelings for the person anymore but that doesn’t mean you don’t care about her anymore. And you probably miss the attention/affection she used to give you so you can feel sad bcs of that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It's normal, I spend 2 years working on fixing the broken. Finally, there is no more stralls to draw. No more feeling left, because I am completely dried out.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s perfectly normal. When I ended things with my fiancé, I was sad for a long time. It’s probable that you miss the memories and good times more than her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its quite normal to feel bad about something u once had and now don't so keep your spirits high and think about the better things that will come to your life if u are ready to accept it while u move on. Now ur still stuck to the past

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes mate, it just came all of the sudden, remembering the past. I've had really low moments.

• Take one day at a time and jus keep urself busy one fine day ull be over it...

• Never really felt that before. Just about everyone I dated/had a relationship with, we parted good friends, just moving away, or wanting different things, or whatever! We both knew it, and we stay in touch, from time to time.
    One bad break up, oh, maybe another, upcoming. . .
    The one went back to her abusive boyfriend, and just told me FCK-Off for some reason? 15 years ago, so beyond caring, now.
    This one now, is doing the 'attrition' thing, maybe, just ghosting, and not talking/emailing, after about 10 months of good, solid connection, and passion!

0|0
    0|0
  • Very much so maybe because the realization of being alone. Or things that you once did with partner you can't do anymore or Everytime you do you think of them first thing and then boom depression. Shits rough but I feel for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • A phrase i once heard that speaks volumes to me.

A girl will cry for a day but be happy sooner.
    A man will be happy for a day but be sad for longer.

Yes its normal to feel sad 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Geezus, I hope so. Humanity is absolutely doomed if we can't count on basic compassion and empathy.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah very normal. You broke up with her even though you still have feelings for her. So that will make you double sad. Dumping her and your feelings at the same time

0|0
    0|0
  • Is this a rhetorical question? Or you want a serious answer?

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to breakup more often. You will get used to it. There will be a point you don't care anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's like graduation googles. If you don't know what I mean search this on youtube "himym graduation googles"

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes... you still want/need that companionship so fealing of sadness or being lonly are natural

0|0
    0|0
  • its becoze u still in your past move to future

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes its normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes