How can I stop obsessing over someone that I'm trying to move on from?

I've recently ended things with someone that I was really interested in. We had been talking for a lot longer than I had planned and needless to say: I caught some feelings. It's not love exactly, but strong feelings are there.

Long story short: I found out/realized that he was just playing games with me.
And yes, the wound is still fresh, but I'm tired of obsessing over him and checking his profile all the time and still feeling all these feelings. One minute I feel like I'm completely over him and think maybe we can be chill again, the next minute I realize that I'm not and I just wish I'd never met him.

What can I do to try to stop obsessing?

1538

Most Helpful Guys

• Focus on the reason you broke up. Think about all his shortcomings and the times when he made you miserable. Eat potatoes.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I understand you there, same situation, only the girl in question didn't stop the games even after we stopped the talking.
    She'd "accidentally" be places she know i'd be.
    Something not right with her head.
    What everyone else is saying, stay away from him, don't even look him up.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• I had the same problem. Personally I just waited, it was frusterating but patience is key. Probably helped though that I had a dis sesh where me and some friends counted all his flaws and what made him a bad person.
    But that's only what I did.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • You gotta cut the um the umbilical cord baby girl. Cut that contact. Stop checking his shit. Block him on everything. Let him play games with himself. Your feelings are ya feelings and they ain't gonna just magically disappear but you're not helping yourself by torturing yourself with keeping tabs on this loser. Only way to start healing is to cut off the dead ends to promote growth. Let him go. Focus on you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE