The no contact rule - does it work?

I asked if the NC really does work as you can see my ex and her new-quickly-after-breakup-boyfriend see each other talk on the phone all the time and text all the time... I told her that I would stay away and she said she would agree even if it is hard for her and that it pains her when I said ill stay away far from her... The way I see it making no contact is useless because she seem to be really happy with him...

Will it work in my situation? The No Contact Rule? They became a couple right after we broke up. And now that I severed contact I can see that she does not care if I stayed away... Advice and comments please... thanks

Hmm anybody care to comment?
hmmm... I think no one knows the answer eh?
It's day three of my no contact and I am doubting if it will work or maybe I am not that patient... the way I see it is that maybe she does love this new guy and left me for good...
What I don't understand is that she says she hopes/wishes she realizes the truth that she does love me.. I'm confused... help
what if she really loves her new guy and I was wrong to assume that it is a rebound relationship?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• The no contact rule always works... my ex dumped me for someone else, after only a week of no contact him and the new girl broke up and he was going crazy trying to get back in touch with me. I continued with no contact for a whole month and it made things so much clearer. Even though he had come crawling back, I just didn't want to be with him anymore because I knew I deserved better.

This new guy she is with is a rebound, just there to distract her from the break up. It won't last and when things fall apart she will be thinking about you. The no contact rule does work for getting an ex back, but I think you have to use it to help yourself see what happened in the relationship and decide if its worth saving.

What Girls Said 3

• No contact is good. It will help sort you out! Do it for yourself and not for her. It's likely that she will call you by the way, out of curiosity. And he's just a rebound. They all have them x

• Well my boyfriend broke up with my over 2 years ago, and last time I saw him was reaaally briefly a year ago, and I still have feelings for him, even if he's now dating my friend. *sighhh* I guess it depends on how your relationship was.

• I think NC works...but in this case she has her mind occupied with a new guy. I still would continue with NC..and bet as soon they don't work out, she'll come back around. Its hard to say, depends on the person, the relationship, etc. Just show her your going on about your life. G'Luck

What Guys Said 2

• If she "seems" like she doesn't care, then what is the point of contacting her? Are you trying to make the situation worse for yourself? Because that's all you are doing, is hurting yourself but trying to stay in contact with her. If she doesn't care now, do you really think talking to her when she has a boyfriend will make it better? No she will just get annoyed. So if you are trying to get her back, STOP TALKING TO HER. Why? Because if you stop you can't make the situation worse.

• She's on the rebound, so no contact is one way to getting her attention..but there are other ways, especially if she's connected with you on facebook. check this out ==> link