How do I end a relationship without hurting the other person?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• well if they still want to be with you and have some feelings for you, no matter how nicely you end the relationship, they will feel hurt. just do it respectfully, be honest, straightforward, don't get rude if they start acting angry, cause it will make it worse. breakups are never pretty. just explain yourself why you are doing this and end it

2|0
    0|0
  • There's no easy way to break someone else's heart ♥... So you gotta be brave, if you really have to give up on her then think like it's what's best for her and it's better to hurt her once and for all than to let her believe in a fairytale. Accept that you're just a lesson in her life and if so leave a good one.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• I don’t think there is a way to end it without the other person getting hurt. Just sit her down and talk to her face to face and explain that you’re not happy and think it’s best for the relationship to end.

1|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately, if you feel it's over and the two of you have tried to solve it, then it's just over. Just be kind and not be defensive. When ur partner experiences u breaking up with them, they will be in shock, give them kindness and support. They'll likely want closure.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can't... You can be a
    Nice about it, you can talk openly about it, and be a gentleman... Butnif they gava any flying shit about you, they will be hurt...

1|0
    0|0
  • Y does it have 2end? I meen, 2day everyone is to self involved. U can't even raise a child or b a family w out the other unit. We were never 2go it alone. Offering support & being resourceful gives more hope & less outcomes of disfuctional. Lift each other up! Not 2tear down communities

0|0
    0|0
  • You will always hurt the person. You can't escape that. You just got to do it and move on with your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think it's possible unless that other person is not as in love as you thought they were.

1|0
    0|0
  • There is no way. It will hurt no matter what you do or say. Just be straight up and don't play games because that will hurt more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do not assume she/he will be okay for a while after. Let them down gently. Don't sugarcoat it though. I've found if you are honest that helps. Tell them how you feel and why you feel that way.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's hardddd it seems like no matter how you do it... it'll more n likely hurt them

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if your partner is still into u, u can hardly make it. But u can make the breakup less painfull if give some good reasons for that and be really patient and understanding

0|0
    0|0
  • Be honest without being a dick about it. If its definitely over tell her so she doesn't get her hopes up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be complete straight forward for the main thing you breaking up for has to be very reasonable that your partner can’t really argue for having prove.
    Like example a ex of mine after a while he got so comfortable started punching me on the arm for no reason. He thought it was a playful hit thought it was a light hit. So I started to hit him back when he did it. Then I stopped and he promised me he’ll stop I gave it time and patience 1 or 2 week. Then I broke up with him saying, that’s it I gave you many changes I am not going to live with this I can’t stand it. I’m letting you go.

0|0
    0|0
  • No matter what you say, it's going to hurt them. Just be honest and let it all out.

0|0
    0|0
  • All I can say, don't do it over the phone or over the text. Do it face to face.

0|0
    0|0
  • You really can’t. There’s always going to be some form of hurt, but make sure to tell the truth

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no happy break up

1|0
    0|0
  • That is impossible. Facts hurt

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make them think it was their idea