Should I break up with my boyfriend?

so me and this guy have been dating for almost a month now. my family for some reason do not care for him at all. they say it's because he doesn't really talk to them and I've snuck him over at night. but that's partly MY fault because I'm the one who tells him to do this stuff. well anyways lat night he was over and I guess my brother, who is 23, went outside and wrote PEDOPHILE on my bf's car in some tar sh*t and keyed it. he said he was mad because first off, I'm 17 and mybf is 20 (not that big of a deal..), he's "rude", and he said he could hear us having sex upstairs and it just pissed him off really bad because I'm his little sister and everything. now we're not really going to be able to see each other ever because his dad won't let him use the car and I don't know how my brother would feel about him coming over anymore. and I definitely can't go to his house for personal reasons/. his dad doesn't like me anymore either.

is it worth it or should I just end things? like what would you do in this situation? would it ever work if my fam hates him and his doesn't like me? we really want to stay together and make it work.

BOYS AND GIRLS ADVICE PLEASE!

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, I am writing this before I read it. Based on the question topic you chose, chances are if you have to ask that question at all, then you probably shouldn't be with your boyfriend and that you should break up with him... now I'm gonna read it

So your that is no where near being a pedophile at all! Hell depending on what state you live in you are probably of legal age. I know in my state 16 is the legal age. I personally, if I was your boyfriend, would've took him to court over that sh*t. If that was me, and he wants to be pissed then he can be a man about it and talk to me face to face. Not do some childish sh*t and f*** my car up. He's 23 years old, he should know better. As for your boyfriend dad not liking you, and your family not liking him, they can all get over it. If you really want to make it work then try and make it work. If your boyfriend was to actually meet your family, and be grown up enough to talk to them face to face about anything. Including the past incidents, then your family over time might end up liking him. Now like another answerer said, you never did mention how your boyfriend acts and what not. So its really hard for us to know if you should stay with him or not. Maybe your family members have a good reason for not liking him that we don't know about.

Now even though I said if you want to make it work then try to. but keep in mind its going to be really hard to get through this. Not only are these issues at hand, but you are 17 and he's 20. either one of you or both of you are gonna leave for school or work outside of the city you live in. Making it even harder to be able to see each other, on top of both of your families not like the other individual.

Overall, I personally would try and stay with him and see how things work out, but I would keep in mind that there is a really good chance you and him won't last. The biggest factor is that you guys have only been dating a month.. well 2 now if you two are still together, and not for several years and that makes a huge difference on how strong your relationship is and how hard you two would end up fighting for the relationship to work

What Guys Said 2

• Well like you said, it's going to be very hard to keep in touch with him through all of this. This has every possibility to end up not working for either of you. If you want to stay with him and see what happens, then I don't think you should cut that option out for yourself. But at the same time, it might lead to a lot of drama and whatnot down the line, including between you and him. So you probably decide if it's worth trying with this guy if you have the odds stacked against you.

Also consider whether or not your family might have some truth. I'm sure your brother is being protective over you, and your parents probably don't like how he's sneaking around instead of being upfront and meeting them. You didn't really say much about him and how he acts, so that's why I say to consider what your family is saying about him. They may be wrong, but they also may be right too. They can see him and how he acts without being the one involved with him, so they don't have a bias towards him.

• well If I was a day I wouldn't let a 20 yearold or any age kid f*** my girl in my own house but I guess that doesn't help you with your feelings.

Your brother could get in trouble with the police for damaging property and if anyone keyed my car I would kick his ass.

So in my opinion your boyfriend seems like a pussy. He won't stand up for himself or you.

Dump him

• I would find a way to get with you to tho if I waas your boyfriend ha ha your smokin

• nnoo, he's PISSED like if it wasn't for me begging not to make things worse, he would of already tried beating the f*** ouutta my brotherr. I won't let him tho because that's not goign to solve anything?

What Girls Said 4

• Well it's obviously not going to go anywhere if your family doesn't like him, and his doesn't like you. Why prolong something that won't make it? It's only going to get more difficult to end it the longer you wait, and you don't want to cause strife between you and your family, that's no good. Good luckk girl! :)

• it's up to you

• it's better if you end thinhs now ..

• Break up with him. It's not worth it. He is only using you for sex anyways.The longer it is the worse it will get. Their is always gonna be drama with your relationship with him. You are only 17 .. if its meant to be it will be. Everything happens for a reason.