Breaking the news?

While on vacation over Thanksgiving, I met another guy and ended up with him even after I returned and am still with him today. I'm so happy with him and I really want to give this relationship a try. However, I also have a boyfriend of 14 months whom I was already going to break up with, now I have even more of a reason to. I have tried to break up with him twice now and he won't believe me that I am really over him and don't want to be with him anymore. How can I get him to understand without telling him that I cheated on him, because I think that would hurt him even more than me simply breaking up with him. How can I break up with him and get him to understand? Should I tell him about the other guy or not?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• well for one thing I feel bad for your boyfriend of 14 months, you went on vacation and hooked up with another guy, and it sounds like your boyfriend really loves you and does not want to lose you and that he really cares about you. you cheated on him, whether it was making out with this guy or going all the way you need to tell him. you guys just need to sit down and you need to come out with it, I think with a boyfriend for that long you owe him the truth. did you ever tell him you were upset or something with him and wanted to break it off before you left? it just sucks for him that you went away and all of a sudden got over him just from meeting someone new, was it because you were upset on the trip and this boy came and started talking to you and comforted you and you felt close to him? and the last thing I want to ask is is this new guy from a different state than you since you met him on vacation? because are you willing to give up this guy for a long distance relationship with someone you only knew for however many days you were gone, because I'm sure your boyfriend missed you if he is not willing to give up on you. I'm sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to get a better idea of what went on to try and help

What Guys Said 3

• break up with him, then ignore him. he seems to think it's a mutual decision.

• You owe him the truth. The only reason you don't want to tell him you cheated is to save your own face. He'll move on faster if he knows what kind of girl you really are for him.

• oh jesus! poor guy. Tell him you met someone else. the truth hurts but it's going to hurt more when he finds out on his own.

What Girls Said 0