How long does it take to get over your ex?

i ended things with my ex because he has been mistreating me badly. I gave him a chance in the past and he just basically didn't learn from it so I called it quits. problem is I'm weak and he knows it. he called me twice today and I didn't pick up. but I'm hurting really badly. I canceled my email and facebook so I can stop obsessing about him. I want to know how long will it take me to get over him. today is day 1...
+1 y
im so freaking sad right now. I've been fighting the urge to call or text him. my eyes hurt from crying. how can someone who loves you hurt you so bad.
+1 y
thank you so much for everyone who responded. everything insight is helping me right now. I'm still hurting very much. he just called me again and we got into and argument trying to get our points across. he even hung up on me.
+1 y
day 2... woke up feeling like sh*t. I thought about calling him up and apologizing for overreacting. I want to tell him that I miss him and I love him. then I read everyones comment and it made me a bit stronger. thanks so much. I can do this...
+1 y
day 3.. he called last night and sounded like he was crying. I was still sticking to my guns and went to sleep. I was doing OK up till tonight. I feel really horrible and actually called him but it went directly to his voicemail.. I feel even more worse!
+1 y
day 4 and 5...i called him because it was his bday...greeted him and was actually being nice.. BUT he wasn't taking it. we just blew me off was just mean and arrogant... the next day he sent me a message apologizing and called me lots... ugggghhh!
7
11