Am I expecting too much from him?

I have been dating my current boyfriend about a month this coming Wednesday. Things are going great and everything, but a few things bug me about him. Sometimes he'll go practically a whole day without texting me or calling me, he doesn't always text me or tell me good morning, and sometimes he doesn't even text me and tell me goodnight. It really bothers me. And he said the other day that he wishes that I would text him more and not leave all the decisions up to him on what we do and everything. But honestly, I think as the guy a guy SHOULD text or call his girl first, and practically initiate everything. Because if he doesn't, it makes me feel like he doesn't really care. And sometimes he teases me or tells me that I'm being too emotional. This frustrates me. My ex boyfriends always complimented me, and told me how beautiful and sweet I was multiple times a day. He doesn't do this.

Granted he shows affection and tells me how much he cares about me, but not as much as they did. And he doesn't always wanna hang out with me. We spent the whole weekend together and yesterday he asked me to go home because he had to study, and I felt like he was kicking me out. Am I expecting too much from him? I thought that's what relationships were about.

01

What Guys Said 1

• Your ex's were ass kissers. Which have given you some screwy mentality. This guy doesn't sound like one of those. Why is it he should always be the one texting/calling you? You can pick up your phone and text him, or call him first. And he sounds like one that doesn't really go "goo-goo" for a girl and forget about his responsibilities. If him not texting you "good morning," or "good night" bothers you this much. Then maybe you should be the one to do it to get what you want said. And if you make a fuss to him about this, he would think your ass is crazy. And possibly distance himself.

• Well agreed but I don't ALWAYS want to be initiating everything you know? A guy should initiate stuff too. Because otherwise it makes it sound like he's being lazy and I have to do all of the work. Not to sound bitchy, but I think I'm worth it. Yes, I have had ass kissing bfs in the past, and it is pretty nice not gonna lie. I probably am being too high maintanance, because I have my own life and do my own thing and expect him to understand that, but when he does I get kinda mad.

• I see why he says you're too emotional. Because you're emotional over the wrong things. Which is probably making him not text you for a whole day. And maybe he wants you to make decisions to show him you actually have more brain cells than what you may show. And if you want an ass kissing boyfriend. Doesn't sound like you'll get it from this guy. - And what exactly are you expecting to him "understand" that you have your own life, and do your own thing?

What Girls Said 0