What's truly the best way to get your ex boyfriend back?

I've heard cutting off contact and moving on are the best ways because guys get jealous/curious about you and want to know how you managed to move on so quickly. Also that it instills a 'sense of loss in them'. I just want to know if this is actually true and if its the best way to go about things? My boyfriend and I just recently broke up and it's not something I really wanted. I still think he has some interest in me so should I continue just not initiating contact? And no offense but I don't want answers like 'you're better off without him' and 'just move on' blah blah. I've heard that lots and that's not what I'm looking for. I just want honest opinions about the best way to act if you are trying to get your boyfriend back. Thanks!

PS. I would like as many suggestions as possible please :)

13

Most Helpful Girl

• No contact has always worked for me. But not for getting my ex back.

They usually always contact when you don't speak to them. My ex text me saying he still loved me, missed me, couldn't get over me... yet we still didn't get back together.

I don't know a real way to get your ex back, all I can suggest is stick with no contact, enjoy your life and make him realize what he lost. Stay happy and never let him see you down.

• When did he start contacting you again? Did it take a while or was it pretty soon?

• Within a couple of weeks.

But everyone is different.. sometimes it takes months. It just depends on the person I guess.

What Guys Said 3

• no contact works in that you miss each other but doesn't always work in terms of contact. After splitting with my ex I thought I would go NC and hope that she would miss me and contact me. She didn't and for all I know she was trying the same thing. One of us had to budge but neither of us did and it has been so long now I think it is too late. So sure try NC but depending on the person don't always expect them to come crawling back

• Ya I was thinking of doing no contact for a few weeks and then if I haven't heard anything I'll try and open the lines of communication again. Thanks!

• Well, why did you guys break up in the first place?

• It's so complicated but he said we don't grow together. And he doesn't feel like he has enough time sometimes. He reached out to me the other day and we talked a bit so I feel like he is unsure about the breakup...

• No contact is not always the best thing to do. It really depends on the details of the break-up and the relationship. Do not continue to be friends with someone that you want to be in a relationship with. He will have you as a friend, and may feel good about the breakup knowing your okay with being just friends. Here are 2 options and what they will do for you. 1. tell him how you feel...don't play games, and ask him to be honest. It might not be the best way to get him back, but it maybe better than thinking "what if". It will also help you move on knowing that you were honest and you tried, and there is nothing else you can do. 2. if you go no contact...he may miss you, and chances are he will contact you at least, but that doesn't necessarily mean he automatically wants to get back together. He may realize what he had is lost and want to give it a second chance too.

To be honest, in most cases, someone who breaks up with you, are not worth your time or thought. It sucks, but it's true. What's to say it won't happen again? Find someone better...you say you didn't want this as an answer. I didn't either...no matter what I did or said I did not get my ex back. And I'll tell you what...I have suffered and been though so much pain, and I am continuing to go through it. Tell me you don't deserve someone that doesn't make you feel that way.

• I appreciate the honestly. I'm going to do what I can to try and get him back but I know my limits and I'm not going to try forever. So at that point I will move on. But for now I would really like to try to make it work. Thanks for the help :)

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!