What was your very first heartbreak?

Mine was when I had a crush on a boy when I was 14 and he found out and decided to play a prank on me involving his baseball team mates and they put a fake love letter in my locker and his teammates told me that he liked me and wanted to ask me out. I was completely surprised but agreed to go to one of his practices to cheer for him and I was later humiliated by his laughing team mates on the field who told me it was all a lie ☹ (not very nice to do to someone who likes you)

What are some of the experiences of unrequited love or break ups you have had?

0|4

Most Helpful Guys

• Ouch that is a nasty story
    Very sad that people would do that to one another
    My story is hardly as dramatic as that
    There was a woman I knew who I had a lot of feelings for and we got along very well I knew she liked me too I loved spending time with her when I was young but I never told her and life took a left turn as it is won't to do we lost touch for a while rinse and repeat a few times till finally we lose touch for a long time many years and while Facebook is terrible in general it does sometimes help put people together who are out of touch so we started talking again she had gotten married in the years between and dumbass me finally admits to her that she was the first and really only woman I ever truly loved and and she tells me she loved me too... but it was much too late by then
    Did it to myself of course had that pain going for 15ish years guess I even still have it now

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm sorry ☹ sounds like she was the one who got away.

• Show All
    • Wow. I guess life can have such an ironic twist in such interpersonal relationships as time unfolds.

• Life is nothing if not ironic indeed

Most Helpful Girls

• When my ex told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. We made plans for me to move up to be with him and get married. We had blueprints drawn up for the house we started to have built. I packed all my stuff and had it ready to go. He was to be flying in that weekend to help me drive my stuff up to his area. Instead he emailed me at work to break up with me. Then emailed back asking if we could still be friends. That was almost 11 years ago. About 8-9 months ago he reached out saying how he made a mistake and apologized until he was blue in the face and asked me to give him another chance. Not that I would have taken him back, but he ended up marrying the “best friend” I asked him about a few times, they had 2 kids and living in the house that we started to have built.

So needless to say... I don’t trust very easily.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• The mother of my first 2 kids, 14 year relationship lost cos of a mutual friend decided he was gonna pursue...
    We were having issues at the time as my gran had died suddenly and I'd promised to go see her the previous day, only promise I ever broke in 40 years
    We'd been together since we were 15

1|0
    0|0
    • So sorry to hear that. 🙁

• Show All
    • You're welcome 😊

• it's shane by the way :)

• In middle school liked this girl for 5 years have her a expensive gift movie and necklace with her name engraved on it, rejected me, saw her again a year later in high school then got over it and moved on

1|0
    0|0
    • You would think that a person would appreciate such a thoughtful way to express their affections! That sounds like a really sweet gift.

• Yea, the movie was the vow and it was a silver necklace

• I suppose there were two girls that I knew in very early school and I was transferred out of school so much that I did not see them again.. :( other than that... every girl I had a crush on in highschool was a heartbreak lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Back in high school, I developed deep feelings for a girl but never felt good enough for her. I felt as though she had better options and decided not to pursue her. Rumours started going around that she was dating someone and I started seeing signs of it myself. One day I was studying in the library when her and the rumoured boyfriend came in and sat at the table right next to mines. He had her giggling and sweet talking the whole time and I had to listen to it all. He even had other girls giggling as they watched them. My heart sank the moment I heard her tell him that she loved him. I should've been happy for her, but man did that suck.

1|0
    0|0
    • Damn. That's gotta hurt bad. What a cruel and willful display on her part. 😐

• Show All
    • Um, surprisingly no. I'm not sure if she would've said yes. Years later, when I was no longer interested in her, she told me I was just a normal looking guy (or average). So, I'm guessing she wasn't physically attracted to me. Plus, she started traveling to other countries to do missionary work, so even if we were together short term, it would've been hard to stay together long term.

• Apparently so...

• hmmm... When i had a crush on this girl in high school, i bought her flowers and had her meet me on the campus somewhere, she came by and though she liked the flowers she told me she had a boyfriend already. was crushed :(

1|0
    0|0
  • she had a crush on me and after sometime i came to like her. But there were other girls who also had crush on me and after some time she was suspicious that I was cheating on her.. I kinda felt heartbroken at that, but was mostly disappointed because I had tried hard but she didn't understand...

Excuse my badly inarticulate answer.. in a hurry rn 🏃

0|0
    0|0
  • I am so sorry to hear this, it is a cruel thing to do but it also sounds typical for boys that age to do something like that, I don't know why is that but such behavior must have some deeper psychological background I am sure.
    Anyway, about the question, I would rather not :) ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Sucks for you. I have never had a heart break. Because I don’t have a heart.

1|0
    0|0
  • My first ex-girlfriend, i just gave a engagement ring to
    and she broke off the engagement and broke it off with me
    i was crashed cause i did at one time really did love her.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was 13 and my grandma caught me by surprise in the kitchen, she said I looked like grandad just after he returned from the war, damn she was a great kisser.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was 17 years old. It was a bit tough time, but I found myself in the end

1|0
    0|0
  • I've had a fair share of crushes that never amounted to anything but my first real heartbreak came when I was 22. In retrospect, she was very emotionally abusive (constant ignoring, wouldn't want to be seen in public, cancelling things last minute, etc), but when things were good, they were great, to the point that marriage was on our minds. I went to her parents house to ask for their blessing of marriage (they said yes), and when I was in their driveway, I got a Facebook message from her calling everything off and not even wanting to be friends anymore.

Now, I'm happy with my life and haven't talked to her since the week of the breakup, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't mess me up a bit at the time

1|0
    0|0
  • when my first ex dumped me by lying to me, but im glad she did all the bad stuff to me, because i learned many important lessons from that

0|0
    0|0
  • Late last year, fell in love, broke up, i tjink im almost over her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe when I was 15 and my first girlfriend cheated on me 7 times

0|0
    0|0
  • A girl named Gloria

1|0
    0|0
  • I was in my late teens.

1|0
    0|0
  • dont know

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex cheated on me when I was 22

0|0
    0|0
  • I Never had heartbreak before

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• First one two years ago when I broke up with my ex, we were both sixteen... hurt like hell... Sometimes still does because it was my first

0|0
    0|0
  • He started manipulating me. I couldn't break up with him, because he threatened to kill himself if I'll leave him. A few months later I was crying almost every night, I needed to do something, so I kinda cheated on him (but it wasn't serious, because I needed some free space). Then I told him we need to break up. And this time seriously break up. He still called me and wanted me back, two more months he didn't stop writing me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I did the breaking up so 🤷‍♀️
    I pity dated this kid in the summer between 8th and 9th grade then dumped him and he was so sad he ran out of the classroom and to the nurses office to cry. Lmfao them his friend threatened to kick my teeth in if I ever went into his work so I was like bet, went to his work with this guy i knew and ol boy was so scared he hid out back.
    🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

1|0
    0|0
  • When I was 14, I had a crush on a guy who was 21. When I told him I liked him, it did not go well. But we stayed friends anyway, so that part was cool. He's married with kids now, but we still talk occasionally on Facebook.

0|0
    0|0
  • My first was the same as my last. Love of my life

0|0
    0|0
  • We were friends since kindergarten then I moved away when I was 12. Common

0|0
    0|0
  • I was 13
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|0