If it's a kiss, is it cheating?

This is just a general question to see where people's heads are at. If your partner (ie. your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife) kissed someone on the lips and that person wasn't you. Would you consider it cheating? Yes or no? Why?

Btw people, when I asked this question I didn't mean for family to be included. Just assume it's someone who isn't a relative.

47

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the situation,

If my girlfriend was kissing her family then no. If someone kissed her and she didn't want to kiss them, then no. But, if she was the one kissing other people when we have agreed to be exclusive and bf/gf, then HELL yes! Its cheating because we have agreed to be faithful to one another, we are exclusively seeing each other, and that means intimate signs of affection like kissing on the lips are only to be shared between the two of us.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes...It is.

I am not going too far into detail about it, but to me it is considered cheating if you even emotionally confide in someone other than your partner...

• Yes. For me, cheating is being romantic or sexual with another person than your bf/gf. Kissing is romantic. Therefore, kissing is cheating.

• Yes it is cheating. A kiss is an expression of romantic affection and any expression of romantic affection to another person is cheating, whether or not the affection actually be there, because at the end of the day a relationship is purely the expression. 2 people can love each other and never tell and so that is not a relationship. So the expression needs to be exclusive.

And also, who kisses a family memeber on the lips? That's just gross.

• Yes. I agree. Kissing a family member on the lips isn't right in my opinion but some people included it in their answers so, I brought it up.

• hell yea her lips belong to me and her family and that's it.. thers no good reason to kiss someone that isn't your mate

• Yes and I would seriously question the future of the relationship. That is a huge no no.

• If she's kiss someone other then a family member then YES its cheating. I don't care how good of friends she has or if the person is gay.

What Girls Said 4

• I would say that yes it is, because kissing goes beyond just hugging and talking. Yes you can hug someone and it will not be considered cheating, but if you actually kiss someone on the lips, it is definitely cheating. Certainly it is not as bad as going beyond that, but it's all entwined in the definition of cheating.

• YES...if your guy does that you wouldn't like it ...if you do it he wouldn't like it either..

its considered cheating...sexually would be cheating on a whole nother level but they are all on the same page (in my opinion even grinding on someone is also cheating because if you feel the need to be in a relationship you shouldn't have the need to do other things with diff people)

• Yes, because if you are supposed to be having a physical relationship you shouldn't be sharing sexual kisses with other people. But why be so possessive? Why not enjoy having two boyfriends, separately or together?

• of course. that's definitely cheating