Have you ever been caught up in a love triangle?

I think I have. I was with someone at the time and my friend told me that he liked me (while I was in the relationship) and I got uncomfortable.

I will be honest, I did have feelings for the friend but I lost these feelings and fell in love with someone else. But whenever he tried telling me ‘sweet’ things I would feel something and he would say things like, “I don’t need any other girl but you” and I felt kind of touched but very uncomfortable.

I had to talk about this to my old partner, so I did and as expected, he wasn’t happy. But I felt like it was the right thing to do and I felt stuck. Then later on I told the friend that I wasn’t interested in him and that he had to respect my decision and the relationship I was in, he was of course very hurt by it and tried to do whatever he could to leave and fall for him but I had to get it done.

(And plus, I didn’t want to be in some polymarous relationship or whatever lmao) but at the end it got sorted and never spoke to him ever since that time.

Have you you ever been caught in that kind of situation? and do you think it’s worse than friendzones?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There is something a little predatory about a friend who declares their interest for you while you are in a relationship. I mean, they know that you are in a relationship so why do they even bother? They are hardly respecting your relationship and if they don't respect that then they don't respect you too much either.

1|0
    0|0
    • I know right? it’s really stupid and I do find that disrespectful, it causes unescessary conflict and t just makes me feel weird when things like that happen

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Well I'd say it was a triangle and I was the centre of it xD at the end the triangle broke and I was still at the centre but no more the centre of attention. All gone. 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup, and I think it's better to let the girl know than to keep something as important as my eternal love for her hidden.
    I'm good at probability and I like to give myself a chance and also to give her a choice, and I'd gladly be the biggest test of her relationship. Well if you confessed and allow yourself to move on it's not worse than "the friend zone". Then again I have never been in this region, if I like someone romantically - which happened twice in 18 years - I was never "just friends" with that person lul

0|0
    0|0
    • Also why would you prefer someone who has feelings for you to keep them hidden and stay friends lol people who do this and meant well likely have very low IQ

• Show All
    • That actually makes sense. Yeah that could be true.

• Lmao you should be, honestly there needs to be more people who respect people’s decisions and stop pursuing things that aren’t going to be their way

• No. In a love hexagon

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Love stinks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Kinda? I mean, I'm not sure if it counts. Basically I liked my two friends, Esther and Mikayla. Both Esther and Mikayla liked me and each other. However, at the time Mikayla was unsure about polyamoury. Long story short, we did eventually get together and now we all live together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes