How should I get rid of my ex best friends stuff? Should I try and fix our friendship?

He was my best friend for about 8 years. We recently had a fight and it was my fault, so I texted him and apologized; but I didn't think that was good enough so went to his house and asked him to come outside and it was raining and I apologized face to face so he could see it was sincere. But while I was talking his arms were folded..and he said it was okay and he just wanted to go back to the way things were. Later that night he told me he was going to the beach with someone else (we planned this beach trip together a year ago) and I was really upset. and he told me we can't be friends if I make him choose between who to go with, I just told him he said he'd go with me first. so he made a really nasty facebook status about me and is talking about me to people. He has given me necklaces and pictures and made a collage for me for my birthday and what I want to know is what should I do with them? should I give him back the collage or pictures? should I burn them? should I just throw them away?

It really hurts to see everything he gave me. He was my best friend ever, we always hung out and we confided in each other for everything. We have been best friends for 8 years. Why did he do this? Should I try and fix our friendship?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Just leave it be for now. He needs to calm down, the both of you do. It wasn't right that he invited someone else to the trip that you guys already planned but it sounds like he was hurt by whatever you did and that was his way of getting back at you in a way. But regardless, that's a pretty stupid reason for a 8 year friendship to end. Give him space right now and then approach him. I don't think you should get rid of the stuff he's given you because you never know what might happen down the road between you two. Also its memories. I think if seeing the things hurt you then you should hide them, like in your attic, or even give it to another good friend to hold onto.

What Guys Said 2

• if you want to end things, burn everything

• well you said the fight was your fault.. what was it about?

• i just got really jealous because he was hanging out with a girl mary, who doesn't like me and I don't like her, and I asked him if he was going to hang out with her that night because she was coming home from college and he said no. So we made plans to go out that nightand he texted me while he was with her and said he couldn't come. and I got really mad at him and didn't talk to him for two days. then I apologized, and then later that night he told me he wasn't going to the beach with me..

• well that seems more like his problem, he's spending time with other girls but not you? dump his sorry ass

• my feelings exactly, thanks! :)

What Girls Said 2

• I think you need to be less clingy and try your best to fix things.

• Well it was your fault? I read a comment below it sounds like it is him problem, like he's not very trust worthy, if he planned to go to the beach with someone else. I wouldn't burn things, maybe just put then away in a box or something. You don't want to forget his memories but keep them, cause you guys were close you have good thoughts and memories you shouldn't get rid of. Maybe after a while try to fix things again :)

Hope it helps