What do you think is the number one reason men break up with their girlfriend, and vice versa?

Is it because: He cheated, She cheated, loss of interest, found someone better, got scared, he changed, she changed... What do you think?

225

Most Helpful Guy

• Growing apart. It is perfectly reasonable to get into a relationship for the benefits of the "honey and roses" phase to both people. You don't always go on a first date thinking this will probably be your lifetime significant other. You don't always have sex thinking that any particular conditions are attached (be that on a first date or over time).

As you get to learn about the other person's needs, interests, and values, you can just realize that it isn't meant to carry on. If this happens I think the person who wants out has a responsibility to the other to explain what they have to do, to let the other person have some time to react and vent, and to ask questions etc to try to get closure.

If the person ending it doesn't respect the soon-to-be-ex enough to do this, the other classic breakup behaviours may be used (cheating, "sudden" silence, and gutless stuff like dumping by text etc).

What Girls Said 22

• I think it's mainly that each party puts on an act in order to attract the other, and as soon as they drop their facades, each realizes he doesn't like the others' real personality.

• Men think the woman is too clingy or obsessive

Women think the man is cheating or has committment issues

• I think it can be bad timing - both parties are in different places emotionally. My ex was getting over a divorce and was still hung up on his ex so he wasn't emotionally available. Wanting different things out of life, different values. Lack of effort, letting the relationship fall into a slump.

• women usualy break of with men because they re cheating or not putting enough effort into the realtionship, and they are unhappy.

• They just don't like each other anymore/ grow apart

• Lack of interest

sex issues

not compatible

too clingy

always like"where have you been?"trust issues

get what he was looking 4 and move on to another target

blablabla...it goes on

• Loss of sexual attraction

If he's boring

• he got bored..

• Los of interest

• Cheated

• No one changes, they just open up and get emotional. If say that's the deal breaker.

• I think it's because they lost interest

• Loss of interest or they changed the only way people change is if they were being fake when you guys dated

• I think cheating, or someone loses interest.

• You don't want the same things.

• I just feel like if you break up there no interest to begin with , they just weren't the one

• Whew that's a loaded question... There could many reasons. The feeling of being trapped.. The partner you are with is a shit person who only beings you down.. You and your partner could have grown apart.. Sooo many reasons

• I think is because many people love changes and have seen the worst parts of their partner.

• I think for both genders it can either be; the love just dies, fighting, or just being uninterested.

• Lost the initial attraction, and/or it never moved forward.

Grew apart instead of growing closer.

Usually something along those lines...which often result in leaving her, learving her for someone else, or sometimes cheating instead.

• i think the most common reason from both guys breaking up with girls and vice versa is that they just happened to grow apart

• Lack of interest. Because I believe that most of those other reasons stem from lack of interest. For example: they're bored, so they cheat.

I just have stumbled upon that problem on numerous occasion and think that if people didn't get bored so easily and always had to have something else, relationships would last a lot longer.

• That's closer to what my assumption is. But I wanted more opinions to validate my hypothesis.

What Guys Said 4

• loss of interest for both genders. Which usually comes from lack of communication... However in my cases the bitches just cheat on me :(

• She breaks up with him because he cheated.

He breaks up with her because they aren't having sex anymore.

• I just got done watching "Watchmen" for the first time. I didn't really understand it, probably because I haven't read the GN but there was a scene it where the guy was saying his wife questioned if it was because she was getting older and he said "yeah, she wasn't aging very well". I think that's the main culprit is that men think women will always have that youthful look. It's difficult but, the ones who are truly in love, such as my grandparents (75 years) and my parents (25 years) can make it

• She got fat on me