My boyfriend and I went on "break" according to him?

So my boyfriend and I went on "break" according to him..And his excuse was that he didn't have money to take me out and that he was depressed..Too much pressured so we are on a "break" until he clears his head...Cause the thing is I have a job so I guess his family members were talking to him about how he is older and doesn't have one so I guess he was embarrassed and didn't want to deal with it so is this an excuse or should I wait and do me..Would he come back or no?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not an excuse nor is it a stupod reason. If that bothers him that should tell you that he is not a bum. I got so depressed when I couldn't find a better job so I could afford to take my ex girlfriend out. I wanted to do things with her go on trips but money was tight at the time. Guess what because I so embarassed to talk about it reflected on us. I became distant, she picked up on it and eventually dumped me not because of money issues but because I was withdrawing. GIve him sometime to clear his head and get himself together. Don't pressure him to get back. I'll say wait for him but obviously you can't wait forever

• well it is true but the thing is also he doesn't have a cell phone so its like I do want to check up on him time to time but I want to give him space also cause it just happened...so should I call for Christmas and say merry christmas..or should I just wait till he calls

• If he has not been ignoring or acting indifferent you can make a very short call for Christmas

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah,in this situation, man will feel depressed. If he hasn't ability to give her girlfriend what she wants, he will feel very failed and depressed. at this moment ,what you do is just comforting him and giving him encouragement !

• I think you should wait because when a guy can't provide for the people he cares most about, it would feel like a big failure...unless their douchebags.

What Girls Said 1

• To me, that seems like a stupid reason to break up with someone... I mean, if your into them, why would you let something like that come between you. Its not like being with you is going to prevent him from finding a job.

But I am not a guy, so I don't know how much something like that would effect them. But if that really is the reason, he will probably get over his pride and come back.