Which greeting do you use when wishing someone a Merry Christmas?

I'm referring to a stranger, that you're greeting in public.

• Merry Christmas
  • Happy Holidays
  • Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

81

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends. In my area, it's usually a pretty safe bet to just wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Other times though, I'll say something like 'Season's greetings', because it IS the holiday season, or just in celebration of Winter in general, haha. But it sounds silly when I try to say it with a straight face, so it tends to come out in an almost mocking tone. =P

What Girls Said 7

• Happy Holidays, you don't know what they celebrate.

• I just say Merry Christmas. Sometimes I say, have a great Christmas, but usually I say Merry Christimas.

• I say Merry Christmas, why not, it is Christmas after all.

• Usually I try to say happy holidays but sometimes I slip and end up saying merry Christmas since the majority of the people I know celebrate Christmas.

• people have to realize that most people will say merry christmas. people don't need to get all up in their butt about it I say merry Christmas because that's what I celebrate.

• usually merry Christmas or I'll wish them a good holiday. it really depends on my mood

• Happy holidays.

Better to be politically correct and not offend someone.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't. I mean, I don't know this guy. He might not even want a merry christmas. If someone wishes me a merry Christmas who I don't know, I'll return it, ofcourse. But the large majority of people have to not do that, to make it so special. So I contribute to the antithesis.