Doing the right thing is eating me alive. Opinions?

Long story short. Working on a thesis with a girl. She just came out of an abusive relationship. Things just happened between us with no effort from either party. After like 7 months of being together she went back to that ass-hole because he pretended to change for like literally 3 days, then went back to being himself. She is determined to make it work somehow.

I accepted her decision but we used to have fights not related to work every week. She would start it and I would make it worse since I stopped putting in all that effort to remedy things no longer seemed justified since we were no longer together. After about a month of this I decided to work alone, since this headache was also not justified.

After more then a month of having a shitty time getting over her (0 progress) she called because she wanted to continue working. "Me: We can work as long as we don't fight about things outside of work". Because it was the right thing to do.

I have 0 self control around her. I say and do things without even deciding to, things that are not necessarily inappropriate but shows that I clearly have a big chunk (all) of my soft corner left for her. Can't say no to her, she has already put in effort and also made a point to approach me to continue working, which is very uncharacteristic of her, so she must need it. Can't stop working myself, this thesis is very important to me for a myriad of reasons. And I don't know how I am going to manage this situation. Not strong enough, not mature enough.

Everything in life is going according to plan, don't waste time sulking around, but I am sad by default. Work will continue for 8 months more at least. And I am so emotionally distressed that in the worse case scenario I think to myself that I shall wait till its actually time to get married then approach her because her current story is never going to work out and will surely end by then.
1
1