Did my ex never care about me? And is it abnormal that I'm still upset?

My ex and I dated for about a little over a year.He and I broke up 9 months ago ..He ended things over text message saying that he was moving away for a year, which I know isn't true..I have 3 year old that is not his. Its a long story, but I'm sure this break up must have been because of the fact that he didn't want to take on the responsibility of my child..I think he just didn't want to look like an *** by telling the truth, and leading me on..but anyways, after the way he treated me ( he cheated I found out after we broke up) I didn't want to remain friends of course. yet I didn't tell him this nor did I argue with him about it or anything for that matter...he just left and never called texted or anything...so I never did either...i just feel horrible still and I don't understand how anyone could just leave like that. I was wondering why people do this and if they do did they ever care about you to begin with?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Its normal(I don't know if I should call it normal) to keep getting questions like these. But think, do these questions, if answered, really help you with your future? Probably no. And if he left you in that manner then I feel he wasn't good in the first place. So just don't waste any more time for him.

One thing, very important! It is of utmost importance that your child grows up in a good environment. You as a mother should place this responsibility at forefront instead of worrying over a boy. I understand your pain and I hope I wasn't rude in my explanation.

What Guys Said 1

• It's normal that you're feeling this way. You just want some answers.

What Girls Said 2

• It's completely understandable for you to feel upset. The fact that he broke up with you via text and didn't have the decency to do it in person shows his character. A guy like that shouldn't be in your or your child's life. He may have done it for several reasons, but the way he handled the situation by cheating and leaving you through a text is immature and childish. In the meantime, focus on you and your child and look for a man who I mature enough to treat you wth rspect and love.

• I'm sorry to hear this. My ex did the same thing to me, except I have no child. As if being dumped wasn't bad enough, this is just plain cruel. Onwards and upwards.