Haven't talked in months, and then my ex drunk texts me saying he misses me. What does it mean?

My ex and I he has not texted me since July. During this period I did try texting him a few times but I never got a reply. Last night, which would be around 5 months since he had said anything he sent me a text at 2:30am saying that he missed me. After I did not reply he the sent one saying "no." I was not awake at 2:30am so I did not reply.

When I woke up this morning and saw the text I sent back "I didn't think I would hear from you. Don't you hate sometimes what alcohol make you say?" I have gotten no reply

My question is what does him texting me mean? I am sure that he was drunk but I also would know that he has gotten drunk other times within the 5 months and not texted me

13

Most Helpful Guy

• It means he was drunk. People do all kinds of sh*t when drunk. My sis used to get occasional calls from her ex at 2 AM when he was drunk, even after he was married. Ignore it.

What Guys Said 2

• It means he was horny and alone.

• It was an accident. He doesn't miss you.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm sure he does miss you. I mean he still has your number in his phone. It's nice to hear that someone misses you but if he can't say it sober or respond to you after text him in the morning there is not much you can do. You've tried to open up communication and he hasn't reciprocated. I wouldn't try again.