Is it time to move on? And how do I get over him?

So this guy I've been having conflicting feelings about is just making my emotional life complicated. I like him, but there are things that make me wary about ever entering a relationship with him. For now we're friends, which may be how things need to stay.

How do I know when it's time to move on from him? What are the signs that I should just get on with my life and only focus on the friendship I have with this guy?

Also if it is time to get over him, how do I get over him? I have this horrible habit of having long term crushes on guys, even if there is no sign of reciprocation. I would like to nip this habit in the bud, but it's hard, especially since all the guys I tend to crush on are guys I see daily.

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Dear girl,

I can totally relate to how you feel :( And I totally like that you totally handled it maturely by keeping you guys purely as friends for the moment :) I have this guy friend who had been really confusing as well. Eventually we talked it out and we still remained as good friends :)

May I ask what are the things that made you wary about entering a relationship with him? If you feel that way, perhaps listen to your instincts and gut feeling. It's not so much about moving on from him, but rather, not get emotionally attached to him and keeping your options open. He can still be an option, just that you don't put much emotion in him for the moment. You are still young and there are just too much opportunity and choices out there for you and it'd be just a waste if you just cling on to one guy, isn't it? :)

To "get over him", find happiness from within, because you don't need a boyfriend to fill your life, to make you happy. May you never been in a relationship, maybe you feel that there's a void in you that you want it filled, but try to stay busy, involved in hobbies or activities that you enjoy, and make more friends! (because by then, you won't even have the time to think too much about what's bothering your mind) :) Also focus on what's important in your life for the moment, because relationship can't offer certainty, whereas your careers, your studies, and how you find happiness from within is something no one else can take away from you, and provides more certainty as well. This is reality, and our romantic fantasy doesn't exist here and no one usually care about how we feel or whether we get hurt (apart from your family and best mates of course :)). No one says this is easy, but nor is it difficult and I know you can do it :) Maybe take this coming new year as a welcome for new hopes, new dreams, new resolutions and a better you :) Hope this helps and I genuinely wish you the best of luck ;)x

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!