He said he wasn't ready for a relationship. Has anyone been through this situation?

I had been dating this guy for 5 1/2 months, going on six months.. He said he wasn't ready for a relationship. So I basically broke it off with him. I felt that he was just stringing me along, until he meets someone else. I didn't feel like it was going to go anywhere other than what it was. He was a little younger than me, so maybe he wasn't ready to make the next step. In my opinion, if you are 6 months in the dating phase, I think you should at least be ready to make that next step which is commitment. How did y'all handle this type of situation?

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• If you guys aren't on the same page then I would call it off too. If you keep seeing him you most likely wouldn't see other guys, but in the end the longer you see him the more you'll resent him for never making up his mind. Ask him why he doesn't want to date, maybe he has a really good reason. I would start seeing other people more and see what happens.

• I would have done the same. I'm not interested in casual dating