PLEASE help me, I'm there for him 100% I just need extra help?

My boyfriend told me yesterday that he wanted to kill himself. And that I was the only thing he had left, but he was in to much pain to keep going.

I've never dealt with anything like this before in my life. I called a doctor and I'm going to try and get my boyfriend to go to an appointment with me. But I just have no idea what to do. I just want to make him happy. But I'm not even the happiest person in the world so I don't have the most positive feed back. I just don't know what to do. Please help

12

Most Helpful Guy

• He needs professional help.

I was depressed once 10 years ago. Went to see a shink, he said my "network of support" was too thin (mom: gone, dad: gone, no bros, no sis, transferred school no no old friends). My girlfriend had just left me and I still had to see her every day at work.

Doc prescribed me Prozac (it's a 12 week treatment) and I did 13 sessions of therapy. The drug doesn't cure you, it just puts a floor under your feet so that you can stand up, realize what's good in your life, put your act together at work, get your life sorted out, stop pitying yourself, and in his case, perhaps realize how much his girl loves him.

If he is clinically depressed, then for the love of god don't leave him just yet. Some may say "he is putting on you all the responsability for his happiness". If he IS clinically depressed, he is not. It's just that you are truly all he has left.

Make him go to the doc with you, and see if he can be prescribed anditepressants, and go to therapy.

What Guys Said 1

• Ah, sucidal/bipolar. Not a fun relationship situation to be in.

Quick, solid answer: he's doing this to himself, don't let him drag you down with him. He needs to learn that his happiness cannot depend on other people, and must be found within himself, and you must realize that you are not responsible for his happiness.

Co-dependency is a bitch ^_^ I've been in situations like that before

• But I don't want him to feel like that.

• And I don't want good people like yourself to feel like you have to make everything feel right. Be there for him, but tell him to find reasons within himself that make him want to live.

I guarantee you that you're the biggest reason, that for sure - love is the most powerful motivator to live. But he's putting too much strain on you by holding you responsible for all his happiness. Help him find all those other reasons to live.

What Girls Said 1

• what is the reason he has these thoughts? Sweetie I am really sorry to hear this I think he needs to call one of those hotlines I believe its called "crisis link" from my point of view all I can say is be there for him support him and always let him know that he means a lot to you and that you care for him ...i think maybe you should call that hotline so you both can get all the help that is available.

Hopefully this will help a little...

1-800-SUICIDE

Good luck! I'll pray for both of u!