It was hurting me too much, Did I do the right thing?

Long story short, I met a guy and the relationship moved really fast, all on his initiation but I went along with it too. Because it moved really fast, I got attached really fast. One night it got passionate and sex almost happened but didn't because I felt uncomfortable that it was happening too fast. He seemed distant after that, I figured he just wanted sex so I asked him and he said no he just didn't know how to handle the situation. He also said he didn't know what he wanted lately. So I said I'd give him space. 3 days into that space I was trying to give him, he tries talking to me and it confused me, not too mention I cared about him a lot so waiting around for him to make a choice hurt like hell. Finally I just said let's talk in person because he kept texting me his feelings and I needed to speak to him about mine, But he kept ignoring my pleas to talk face to face and it was starting to make me mad, so I just told him that I don't want to talk to him anymore or anything because it was just too painful. He seemed a little hurt and said "not even friends?" and I explained to him that right now no because I don't want there to be a chance of him coming back. I told him I wish it happened differently and that I'm sorry, Good luck with everything and have a great holiday. He never responded.

I feel less crappy now, I may have lost a great guy I don't know. But he was hurting me by doing a total 360 on how he treated me, acting distant, and refusing to talk in person about us.

11

What Guys Said 1

• Although he claims the "no sex" incident wasn't a big deal I think for him it really was and this was the breaking point for the relationship. He just didn't admit it because he didn't want to appear to be a douchebag guy only concerned with sex.

(PS I think you mean "total 180", 360 would put you right back where you were before)

What Girls Said 1

• of course this sex means lot for him! he may think you don't wanna go further in this relationship or something.4 a relationship that's moving so fast, you really should just go along with it or ruin it.