What do you think about this child custody issue?

Do you think a man should have parental rights over his kids even if the woman rejects his offer to pay child support?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes that’s her choice not to take the money, not his. She isn’t hurting anyone but those kids. I hate when women do that, yes I get there are dead beat dads out there just like there are dead beat mom’s like my ex. But when women do that, use their kids as a negotiating tool that’s fucked up. I can’t recall how many times I had the cops called on me by my ex saying I kidnapped the kids even after she gave them to me just cause I said no to whatever she wanted that I wasn’t comfortable w. She didn’t let me see my son for about 3 mo the cause I didn’t agree w her on something.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I think he has the right to fight for custody of the kids in court, and the right for equal consideration for custody, but if he left and doesn't have custody than he has no say.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Both a man and woman ALWAYS have parental rights for their OWN children. The only time they are revoked is if there is some issue... abuse, drugs, unsafe parenting... etc.

If he is the father, if he wants to be in their lives and have visitation or joint custody than it is his right as a parent unless it is ruled he is an unfit parent and a danger to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure he must have the right equal to her if not more...
    A woman shouldn't use the law against her man, she will end up wishing if she did the opposite...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes a woman should never be able to unilaterally take a man's child from him.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are his kids. Frankly being the one who gives birth doesn't automatically make them the better parent, and the court systems are so biased in favor of the mother that the father would literally have to videotape the mom having sex with a dog while shooting heroine in order for some courts to decide he should get custody.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they are his kids too...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Yes. It would be different if he didn’t offer to pay child support. But he has, and he is the father of the child so he would be entitled to rights.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes