Why would a guy break up with a girl through text message and not in person?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Idoit, not caring about girls feel. Selfish. My first boyfriend did to me just because he couldn't handle the drama at all. One of his female friends threatened me. she lier on facebook. He tried to ask me out again I said no.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 91

• A couple reasons. I will preface this with a disclaimer: I prefer to do these things in person. It is more respectful, to myself and the other person. The feelings go away easier, and become easy to deal with if you get it off your cheat in person. Also, you can learn what didn't work on your end, and are giving them the chance to do so, instead of leaving them in a neurotic frenzy of "WHAT DID I DO WRONG?" If I ever can't, it means i legit tried my best to do so. I usually only will do that If I have too much going, and I have to travel the next day (which happens sometimes). Travelling plans tend to come so fast, i have only enough time to pack my shit and leave the next day. I hate doing it, but it happens sometimes.

The only OTHER time I will ever just leave a text is if I feel my safety is ACTUALLY and legitemately at risk by doing so in person. I was once with a girl who was wild and crazy, so she was hella fun and interesting, but when we broke up, she took out a knife and took a few slices at my pants. Thankfully, I disarmed her and got away safely, but since then I have learned to be more careful. So, those are the ONLY 2 tomes I will ever end it by text.

1|0
    0|0
  • cowardice mainly but same reason why any woman would break via text.. they fear conflict from the one they are breaking up with, but nowadays it seems via text is the only way that people seem to have the balls to use, no one does the honourable thing any more and respect their partners enough to call it off face to face
    and then you get the bullshit of "it's not you, it's me"

0|1
    0|0
  • As reprehensible as it is the motivation is that its super hard to hurt somebody and it feels more theoretical and less real when you do it over text. Also you can ignore your phone rather than having them plead/argue with you about it.

Dumping people is super hard if you're a compassionate person, hurting people sucks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Drama, we dread the public drama. We know it sucks but it's a loose loose situation if done in public. Also we want to avoid physical confrontation and it's very common nowadays for a woman you broke up with to try and escalate it to a physical confrontation which have huge repercussions against us.

0|1
    0|0
  • Immaturity, though either fear of what you will say and inexperience with the partner . my option is if you don't have the Stones to break up face to face you don't need a partner

0|0
    0|0
  • If they live too far away... or they’re scared to death of the girl...

Now, I think it’s usually a pretty low thing to do - I think it’s pretty contemptible... But that’s just me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Multiple reasons but it's to avoid face to face confrontation. Maybe it's because he didn't love or have those feelings for her, maybe it's because he got them mixed, or maybe it's because he loves her so much that he can't handle a face to face break up

0|0
    0|0
  • From my experience its either 3 reasons. First being, he genuinely never cared for you so doing it in person would be pointless for him. Second reason being it would be way too hard to look you in the eyes and do that to you. Third - it was probably difficult for him to find time to see you, whether you had a busy schedule or him, and he just couldn't wait any more. Either way he's a coward and the fact that he did that shows to you you kind of dodged a bullet.

1|0
    0|1
  • Since mobile phones came around texting has been easier than talking to someone. You have more time to come up with what you want to say while processing what they said as well. To me face to face is always better but that's me, the common millennial will always text and every generation after. Also, you're probably a strong willed lady who he does not want conflict with so he's pussing out and texting.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me, it was for a few reasons. The first one being that she only had excuses to offer when I tried to meet up with her as we intended to keep our relationship a secret. The other was to get it out of the way.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think there is a good justification for that but if I had to answer - I would say that this guy sounds like he has a problem with emotions and/or confrontation. Texting is emotionless, it's a cowards way of handling things. To take the least amount of responsibility and also to not have to see or hear how they hurt the other person

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the girl. If I'm breaking up because I'm mad at her and not like her anymore, sure text will be just fine. But if I want to end things on a good term, then definitely a face to face breakup would be better.

0|0
    0|0
  • ... The same reason I email a vendor that I'm trying to get rid of rather than call them, maybe? Convenience for the person doing the ditching and a total disregard for the interests or concerns, frustrations or anxieties of the person being ditched.

At the end of the day you can call it cowardice or whatever else you like and that may all be true, but it really just comes down to not caring all that much about the girl that he's breaking up with. It's the easiest way for him. That was clearly the only consideration.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because he doesn't have the gulls to be a Man and break up face to face. Plus, he may want to avoid unnecessary drama of the situation.

1|0
    0|0
  • My parents forced me to. They didn't want to wait for me to tell her in person and insisted i do it immediately or they would take action.

Otherwise it may be a cowardly act.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not saying me but a lot of guys don't have balls to do it face to face... According to me if you want to break with a girl you loved before the least she deserves its for you it to say it on her face

0|0
    0|0
  • I did it once when i was younger because it just seemed more convenient. It wasn't though, it turned into a whole thing. Which is fair enough tbh, it was a fucked up thing to do so i shouldn't really have been surprised that she didn't take it well.

0|0
    0|0
  • too much effort
    he doesn't care that much to meet in person
    afraid that she would change his mind
    there are a few possible reasons

1|1
    0|0
  • Another reason I don't text and never will. If you have something to say, say it to my face. Texting is a fail on so many levels.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sadly one of the possibilities is that he didn't care or one the other two, he can't do it face to face because it would hurt him to much or he is afraid

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, most likely from fear of her reaction, not wanting to see her sadness, it may be breaking his heart more then hers. Now granted its not really (in my oppinion) the right thing to do,

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that's fucked up face to face is best for every thing in a relationship.. Also one reason may be he's scared of how the girl would react but that's no excuse what so ever

0|0
    0|0
  • Few different possibilities. Its easier. He didn't care about the relationship. He's found someone else and text you bye. He diesnt know how to do it face to face. He thinks you will attack him.

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't want to deal with discomfort of her reaction

1|1
    0|0
  • He's getting a blowjob or fucking someone doggy-style and doesn't want to interrupt it just to do a breakup.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cowardice usually; she could be a long distance away or maybe she is the type to turn violent to bad news as well though

0|0
    0|0
  • I did once but i definite wouldn't do that again. Rather just tell then in person save me the trouble of doing twice.

0|0
    0|0
  • its probably because of complete loss of interest (which cannot justify it, but i'd make my bet on that)

0|0
    0|0
  • I swear to god I don't know why people do that. Maybe it's because they don't want to face their partners, they do it in a text

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he's emotionally immature and is just wanting the easy way out.

1|1
    0|1
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 19

• Because the guy you’re dealing with is a little boy and not a man. He’s not thinking about your feelings. He’s only thinking about how not to deal with them.

Guys don’t like to deal with our emotions. End of story however, a decent man will suck it up and give you the closure you deserve.

1|0
    0|0
  • The only reason I think a guy should break up with a girl over text is if she always declines his offers to go out. That means he hardly gets to see her in person and the only way to talk to her is over text

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't really see how else someone would do it.. over coffee? Over dinner? I just don't know where else would be both more convenient and less awkward.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he is not bothered/not care at all
    Because he is too scared/afraid of a huge scene
    Could be both or only one of them

1|1
    0|0
  • It's chickenshit, no matter what someone tries to tell you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause he doesn't want to face the girl head on most likely

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause he doesn't have the balls to. It's more easier via text

1|0
    0|1
  • Scared

1|0
    0|0
  • Because he’s a coward and inconsiderate.

1|0
    0|1
  • He’s a pussy

1|0
    0|0
  • He clearly gives zero fucks.

1|0
    0|1
  • He's a coward.

0|0
    0|0
  • i dunno really

0|0
    0|0
  • cowardice

1|0
    0|0
  • Haha he gone mad

0|1
    0|0
  • Much better

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause his to chicken to Do it in person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he’s an arsehole

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s easy

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes