Do you believe it is possible to get back with your ex if you give them space and time?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say I've faced some scenarios where it almost certainly seemed possible after enough time passed, but at that point I was with someone else.

The difficult thing I think to someone who is broken-hearted to hear is that you might have to move on from that person even to have a good chance to have them back. And that's counter-intuitive because you might then feign the motions of moving on without actually moving on.

To truly move on means you don't care much about getting them back. It's like if they re-enter your life, and you're still single, it's a pleasant surprise, but not something you were hoping.

• The other thing is that if the person broke up with you, I imagine you have to show them that you've changed a bit. I think that was the case with one ex in particular I had in mind. I changed since we broke up. I became a bit more socially popular, made more friends, became a bit more mature... she commented repeatedly in particular on how I seemed so cool and relaxed around her over a dinner.

• So basically he needs to grow up somehow

• He’s very immature. I want to be with him but I can’t stand it.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is possible if you still share the same purpose.
    We People deal with issues so Most relationships are too complicated and require time apart.