Do you believe it is possible to get back with your ex if you give them space and time?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say I've faced some scenarios where it almost certainly seemed possible after enough time passed, but at that point I was with someone else.

The difficult thing I think to someone who is broken-hearted to hear is that you might have to move on from that person even to have a good chance to have them back. And that's counter-intuitive because you might then feign the motions of moving on without actually moving on.

To truly move on means you don't care much about getting them back. It's like if they re-enter your life, and you're still single, it's a pleasant surprise, but not something you were hoping.

0|0
    0|0
    • The other thing is that if the person broke up with you, I imagine you have to show them that you've changed a bit. I think that was the case with one ex in particular I had in mind. I changed since we broke up. I became a bit more socially popular, made more friends, became a bit more mature... she commented repeatedly in particular on how I seemed so cool and relaxed around her over a dinner.

• Show All
    • So basically he needs to grow up somehow

• He’s very immature. I want to be with him but I can’t stand it.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is possible if you still share the same purpose.
    We People deal with issues so Most relationships are too complicated and require time apart.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Yes. But it depends why you broke up and how you both feel about one another now.
    Sometimes circumstances push you apart. Sometimes you find out you are not compatible.
    However, circumstances change, and in time come reflection and conclusion.
    If you're both still breathing, you can both commit to try again and try better.

0|0
    0|0
  • it is possible. it really depends on why that person needed space and time to begin with. they are certainly making a decision about something that is only a 50/50 chance in your favor.

0|0
    0|0
    • He needs time. He’s immature.

• Show All
    • Well it’s more complicated. Too complicated to discuss through gag. He gave me an std. I broke up with him bc he wanted to have a threesome and I didn’t want that. After I found out he had an Std. So excuse me if I don’t want to be with him right now. Makes sense?

• i can't give advice without the proper information. no one could. thank you for elaborating. with the new information given, you should not get back with this guy. get tested for std's.

• Nope, not with me. Every ex I have has become more and more unappealing the longer I have been split up with them. I sometimes look at exes and wonder why I was with them in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on circumstances. Personally, once it's over it's best to move on and cut ties

0|0
    0|0
  • By the way u are responded u broke up with him why would he want u back if u play games u need to learn about what he wants not everything is about u

0|0
    0|0
    • I broke up with him bc he wanted a threesome after he gave me an std. how is that playing games?

• Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not worth it in most cases

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on the break up.

0|0
    0|0
    • I broke up with him. He needs time. Too immature.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes