Would you ever regret breaking up with a girl who loved you deeply?

Ex broke up with me last week because he can't do long distance anymore. He also said he met a girl locally and he liked her.
I feel like shit now, and I went to the EMR two times already due to anxiety. I lost weight and I look terrible.
I loved that guy deeply and he knew I would have done anything to be with him. When we were together I was always extremely dedicated sexually and I was always very caring. I supported him when everybody was against him due to his addiction. He lost everything and I stood by his side. Now that he has his shit together he left me, and I feel like he probably used me when he had nothing to help him out and now that he has money and a house he threw me away.
Updates:
We dated for 4 years, he was the one chasing me and insisting to try. He flew to see me after talking for 2 months. He seemed pretty in love and everybody in his family told me they never saw him as happy as he was. I don't know he just changed so much after relapsing on drugs. He is clean now for a year and he has his shit together. So he left.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• No way. Especially how could I forgive her for anything she'd say about me like bad things and stuff? Recently I just buried the hatchet with a girl from Oklahoma. We've been estranged and hating each other's since May. She blocked me first then I'd block her next (LOL). But we'd just stop at the level for now - friendship. No longer would I fall in love with her in a big distance like that before. It was too risky. And silly. I'm sorry to say this but - my family and I are also in the strangest moments. Right now. I know my Mom loves me. I knew my Dad he loved me before he passed on. I just couldn't talk to them because then we'd have fights and arguments. Just saying.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why do you hate her?

• We were both in the same situation like, we were starting to grow a long distance relationship but then another girl jumped in and talked shit about me to that girl and she'd believe this woman right away. So it was much more like a huge dramatic and fucked-up thing. But yeah she said she's sorry for saying those horrible things to me a few days ago by the e-mail. I apologized to her already. We're both cool and friends again.

• The guy is not worth your tears. He can't neither love nor regret.

About the others... well in some rare cases we do regret a breakup. But I believe your case is not that guy and not that case.

You don't need to take pills or alcohol or chocolate or whatever to handle a toxic breakup.

This one is enough:
    cdn.gymaholic.co/.../woman-exercising-back.jpg

One visit for 30-60 minutes and you're like "WTF, ouch that was epic".

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, Im thinking of going to the gym soon. I recently tested my heart to know if I can really go to the gym since I've been feeling a lot of palpitations.

• Hey, cool, keep up the good work!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not because of you. The distance bothered him, and it usually does most of the time. He will regret losing you if YOU keep your shit together and life a fulfilling life without him in it. Do you think he will look back when he sees what you are doing to yourself? The first phase is difficult I know but don't torture yourself forever.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 33

• I wouldn’t regret it but I’d for sure feel emotional for a certain time. I did this to my first girlfriend because loads of minor problems came together and turned into a hill. Moreover, I had to leave town to study somewhere else and we had a long distance relationship as well. I never called her back or something or missed her after I broke up with her but I also went trough a phase cause I was in love, either.

1|1
    0|0
  • That happens a lot
    Even to guys i mean I'm a guy and my ex broke up with me for no reason she was like "i breakup with you" after we were the perfect couple, for me it wasn't only anxiety or sadness but i reached a highest levels of depression i thought about suicide twice because the one who i loved deeply left me but after 3 months i started feeling a bit better but still depressed, until now i can't forget about her but im not like the past i still love her so i stayed away, they say "if you love someone let him go, if he backs he's yours" that's what i did with my ex girlfriend
    The point is you're not the only one who suffered from love time goes on and we change the hardest and deepest pains makes us change and so ready for worse sooner or later you'll get better and better but to completely forget about him it will take so long but at last you'll be normal and happy again you just need to be patient and positive and never surrender to the dark thoughts but stay cool and all gonna be fine it's just a matter of time
    I wish you the best of luck
    Peace 🙂

1|0
    0|0
  • For sure i will regret it, but i won't achieve this level because i'd never leave a girl you, in contrary i'll surprise and tell her that we are going to be together and once i hug her, it will be a forever hug...

She gave me her heart her everything, i'm not crazy to dump such a girl... because girls like you can't be found everyday...

1|0
    0|0
  • I didn't do this In my life But it happened to me lately and it was very serious relation ship
    It's so close to your story that but no drugs are involved
    And I want to know also if she ever regret this..
    I'm wandering how far is the distance between you and him l.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, you didn't deserve the way he left you, I do hope you find someone who treats you the way you deserve to be.
    And as for your question. I do have 1 girl I regret, I asked her out she said yes, week later says she wants nothing to do with me, so I hooked up with a close friend of hers. 7 years later I still regret not trying to fix things with her and trying to work things out...(I'm still dead to her and she wants nothing to do with me)

1|0
    0|0
  • Hugs. That is a very hard position. He will fall again. He isn't worth it. Move on

2|0
    0|0
    • I hope he will fall again

• Show All
    • @w00xer I want him to fall because he was emotionally abusive.. I was still in love tho

• This is toxic behaviour. You should rethink your motivation and the way you select your partners.

• Well, you have to understand that people like these exist. I'm sorry to hear that and i hope you get through this. No doubt that he's a jerk, but you should understand that sometimes physical presence matters to people. You might have been with him spiritually but not physically. So just try to forget him and move on

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I'm sorry to hear that but even tho you was deeply in love with him you have to think about the other person. Even if it hurts like hell and you feel like your heart is about to stop cuz you don't have them to yourself anymore. I understand the feeling of being deeply in love and they leave for someone new... but I hope you can get back up and date someone local or someone that can handle long distance. Good luck and cheers mate

1|0
    0|0
  • Feel you girl, had been in similar situation. Did everything but still got rejected, it's life honestly. Ups and down. Focus on your life, goals, career and forget about him. He wasn't the one, you'll get someone who'll take care of you the way you want too

1|0
    0|0
  • If I loved her deeply and it wasn’t working out for some reason then I probably would end it.
    You didn’t say how often you saw each other.
    Maybe he needed someone he could see more often as a support to keep him on the right path.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is hard to say as it is not so much a matter of what the girl felt for him but what he felt for her
    Long distance relationships are hard to make work for long nearly impossible without a tremendous amount of dedication by both parties
    There really is not a solid answer to this

0|0
    0|0
  • Well find someone new. Dating is hard enough addiction adds a whole new list of things to make it go wrong. Addiction is the big lie the addict lies to everyone about almost anything. Addicts not only hurt themselves but at least 4others that care about them

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, my last relationship hurt but I knew it was for the better, we had a lot of problems that we really needed to come together to fix, but never did. I always think back and tell myself that I could've done things differently. If you feel absolutely no regret, you were never interested. Sorry to hear about your break up, but if he really broke up with you like that, he obviously didn't care enough or he wasn't as devoted as you thought.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't blame a person for losing interest. Long distance is hard. Very few LDR's work out. Maybe he would've made a different decision if he could actually see you in person. Or he loved you that much to the point where he couldn't stand not being able to be with you and decided it would be best to just part ways. There's more sides than just the negative one

0|0
    0|0
  • You should just regret helping him. Find someone who treats yoy as an equal.

1|1
    0|0
  • I did the same thing to my first girlfriend like 10 years ago and she reacted a similar way.
    If it helps I've fucked up like 5 relationships since then and I'm pretty sure she's happily engaged. So maybe you'll be better off in the end.

0|0
    0|0
    • Did you feel bad by that time? I hope I can find happiness with someone in the future but I can't be in a relationship anymore.

• Show All
    • Yeah maybe for now. I've been there before too. You'll be alright eventually. Gimme a message if you need someone to talk to though

• I'd regret it for the rest of my life.. but I've never broke up with anyone let alone even dated someone but it would most likely tear me apart inside

1|0
    0|0
  • I never regret breaking up with any of my exes. There's none of them that fit your description either. They all sucked and I'm better off without them in my life, which is why I kicked them out of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will never break up with her

also, if i love someone then i never hurt them (mostly it happens to me only just like you )

though how are you now?

0|0
    0|0
  • I was forced to break up with her. By my parents. Do i regret it? Of course.

2|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• How far away does he live? Cause you mentioned that he caught a plane to see you? I personally struggle to see how a proper connection can be formed like that, and see the convenience of settling for someone local. It sucks for you, if you're not interested in anyone else. But I'd say it's too late to solve it now, if there's another girl involved.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, he used you but I'd still be thankful to God that he didn't keep you as his side bitch by lying to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry that happened to you, although I've nevet dealt with a break up I can only sympathise. One day you'll find someone that loves you the same if not more.

0|0
    0|0
  • The real question is.. if he really loved you would he have ever broken up with you? That’s not love and someone else is probably in the picture that’s why he wanted to end it. Love is through the good and bad. You don’t have to go out of your way and sacrifice for a guy and assume he’s going to stick around that’s why he has his mama for.

When you praise a guy in a relationship and forget who you are? Once that relationship ends you hit rock bottom because you were sacrificing too much. Sacrificing yourself and loving someone is two different things.

0|0
    0|0

• When you sacrifice yourself you’re pouring into that person hoping they see the good you’re doing and appreciate it. You may see they’re lack of effort but you think no matter how much effort you put in they’ll appreciate it and not walk away.

Loving someone is only possible when it’s genuinely reciprocated and you can never lose yourself through that process. A real man will know the pain he’ll put you through if he gave up on the relationship the next day and broke a promise. Some guys will leech onto you till they get back on their feet and find a woman that is making him take charge instead of her trying to nurse or build him. Remember that.

• Love isn’t based on the sex you gave him not the intimate moments you guys had that’s lust and the honeymoon phase of a relationship. The tough times will test if he’s really in love with you which shows, he’s not. If someone could walk out on you that’s like taking hard working years of cash and flushing it down the toilet. It was nothing to him.

• I’m do sorry you must be heartbroken. What he did (even though not knowing the full story, or his side) is just shady and not right, to just drop you like that after you had been there through think and thin for him. His reasoning is shit.

I get distance is hard and can make a committed relationship strain but maybe you two could have talked it out first and worked out a better situation than to break it off.

But I know this is hard to hear if he is the type of person to do this then you do t need or want him in your life, to waste more time with him when there is someone out there better for you.

Your heart will heal, give it time, be kind to yourself, go through all the emotions. You will come out better at the end x

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. But if it’s for the best it’s understandable. Sometimes you do things because which have to, not because you want to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I would

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes