Is this cheating?

I have been in a long distance relationship for a little over 10 months. We have never met, but we video chat every and we are constantly talking. He is a virgin and I am not. I crave sex a lot. So about a week ago, I had sex with this guy. I am 18 and he is 25. I didn't do it to hurt him. I did it because we've never met and I don't want to miss out on life. What if this doesn't work out? What if we break up and it could've worked with the other guy? I don't know. Anyway, is this cheating?
  • Yes. It's cheating.
  • No. It's not cheating.
  • Other.
    Vote C

910

Most Helpful Guys

• This is why long distance relationships never works out. You cannot base a relationship with someone you never met or rarely see. It's gonna be a platonic one then.
    In some way you can say it's cheating, but honestly I think that you are cheating yourself more if you think that you can have a long distance relationship with someone you never met. So no, I don't think it qualifies before you actually decide whether or not this "relationship" is gonna go further.

• If you're in a monogamous relationship, regardless if it is long distance or not, and you sleep with someone else then yes, you cheated.
    I don't see why you don't just break up. Clearly you don't think its going to last. Poor guy!

• I do. I really do love him.

• Then you shouldn't have cheated. I don't see how you could really love someone but still think that "meh, it might not work out anyway so I may as well go sleep around"

Most Helpful Girl

• Let's put it this way, did he know you were having sex before you had it, or have you told him at all? By hiding your actions it's cheating by default.