Is it a good idea to be best friends with an ex?

My ex boyfriend told me that he wanted to be best friends when we broke up and that in the future we could possibly get into a relationship again; that it could be 10x better. He said that we have everything, laughs, jokes, hanging out, the connection still except the sex, that he loves me still but we both have things we have to work on. Lastly, he said that I haven’t lost him completely, that he was lucky to have me in his life and that he wanted to be best friends. However, we spoke about it and came to the conclusion that we went into the relationship too fast; that didn’t know much about each other, we’ll come to each other about anything and that best friends sometimes blossom into a strong relationship.

So is it a good idea to be best friends? Is there a possibility of becoming more in the future, like he said? Even though he says fairly often, does he still love me?
Updates:
Then why say all of that? He doesn’t care then?
I didn’t ask what I should or not do. I’m asking for advice. That’s your own decision. Like I said in the comments, couples relate their ex’s and are stronger then ever.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Fuck no. It prevents one from moving on and causes problems with future relationships. He’s also wanting to keep you around so he can drift in and out of your life using you as a backup plan when he can’t find someone else

0|0
    0|0
    • Just move on

• Show All
    • That’s actually very very rare that it lasts

• Actually not as rare as you think though. It also depends on the reason the couple split up.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Why did you break up?

0|0
    0|0
    • He said that we were kinda toxic and have to learn some things and better ourselves before anything.

• there's a saying, if you and an ex lover can remain just friends then you were either never in love or are still in love. So

0|0
    0|0
    • That doesn’t make much sense.

• Show All
    • Either way I don’t understand that so therefore it doesn’t make sense.

• Lol jesus christ. U kno i didn't even read ur question i just took the point for my opinion. After reading it im just letting u know he's leading u on.

• As per my personal experience i think it is not good..
    in Practically you may become best couple or friends based on your thinking. or it may be worst thing if one of you fall in love and other is not...

0|0
    0|0
    • We fell for each other. I feel like we still have that spark and he just wants to better himself. Like I said in the comments, I feel like he still has feelings and love for me. It’s a feeling I can’t explain.

• Show All
    • Than.. all the best...

• Thanks ✌🏼☺️☺️

• So you're not having sex anymore? Cause it all made sense till you said that. lol

0|0
    0|0
    • No. We broke up. And he said that we have everything except the sex.

• Show All
    • Right that’s what I’m saying. Like, I feel like he does want to get back together. Especially since he wants to help me change myself in a good way and the way he’s been acting. Besides I brought this all up to him and I can almost 💯 tell when he’s lying or my intuition lets me know.

• That’s one reason I am a little confused, as well. The sex thing n

• Na aaaah. Never be friends with your ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not only is it a bad idea, you shouldn't even be speaking to an ex

THEY'RE EX'S! YOU SHOULD NOT AFFILIATE WITH THEM

0|0
    0|0
    • YOU SHOULD NOT BE FRIENDS WITH AN EX AT ALL

NOONE SHOULD

• Show All
    • Then why should I listen to you?

• BYE BYE

What Girls Said 0