Is it a good idea to be best friends with an ex?

My ex boyfriend told me that he wanted to be best friends when we broke up and that in the future we could possibly get into a relationship again; that it could be 10x better. He said that we have everything, laughs, jokes, hanging out, the connection still except the sex, that he loves me still but we both have things we have to work on. Lastly, he said that I haven’t lost him completely, that he was lucky to have me in his life and that he wanted to be best friends. However, we spoke about it and came to the conclusion that we went into the relationship too fast; that didn’t know much about each other, we’ll come to each other about anything and that best friends sometimes blossom into a strong relationship.

So is it a good idea to be best friends? Is there a possibility of becoming more in the future, like he said? Even though he says fairly often, does he still love me?
Then why say all of that? He doesn’t care then?
I didn’t ask what I should or not do. I’m asking for advice. That’s your own decision. Like I said in the comments, couples relate their ex’s and are stronger then ever.

07

Most Helpful Guy

• Fuck no. It prevents one from moving on and causes problems with future relationships. He’s also wanting to keep you around so he can drift in and out of your life using you as a backup plan when he can’t find someone else

• Just move on

• That’s actually very very rare that it lasts

• Actually not as rare as you think though. It also depends on the reason the couple split up.